Wonderful article about Maya Moore | The Boneyard

Wonderful article about Maya Moore

Reaction Score
Interesting article about what Maya Moore is really doing since taking time off from basketball. You may or may not get blocked by the NYT 4 articles a month rule if you don't have an account. Bookmark the article and wait until July 1st. :).

While I miss Maya being on the court, I applaud her desire to fight for and make a difference. Its takes efforts like hers to foster meaningful change.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Putting action to words...the piece really moved me. I love basketball but this stuff seems more important. So awesome people like Maya, Tina and Stewie went through Storrs. #Thankful

Reaction Score
This is a good piece on what Maya Moore has been doing away from the WNBA

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's an old soul following her heart. I wish her well. On her narrower quest, I'd commute his sentence and give him a chance particularly given the travesties about who does get released - like last week's announcement that a guy who slaughtered his wife and children is getting out. The justice system needs work to be right for us all.

Reaction Score
I applaud Maya, a true Christian lady putting her values to work. We could use many more like her.

Reaction Score
I was blown away reading this earlier today. All I knew was Maya was taking time off to focus on her faith, but I didn't really have a sense of what that actually constituted. This is some absolutely incredible stuff from her. For anyone who hasn't read the article, she has befriended and become a fierce advocate for a prisoner she believes was wrongly convicted, and she's helping fund his legal team's efforts to reopen the case. Everyone should read the article, I can't overstate how impressive she is.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember Maya was a very smart college student....smart enough to be considered for a rhodes scholarship. If finding justice for wrongly accused prisoners is her new calling, I would think she should go to law school and become an attorney .

Reaction Score
Bless her heart. I selfishly want her back on the court to watch her play. However recognizing she is such a special person the world needs her not just UCONN fans

Reaction Score
Not surprised to see what this rare young woman is up to. Never any doubt, as we have watched her over the years, that Maya is a very special person. Gotta wonder what's up with Geno, though, saying he was "very , very surprised" to hear why she was not playing. Really, Geno??

Reaction Score
Don’t be surprised if Maya eventually becomes President of the United States. Whether it’s phenomenal basketball skills, academic excellence, or moral decency...#23 has always been a star.

Reaction Score
Maybe she should follow the path that the Kim person did by having an interview with the President and seek a pardon for this fellow. This might be a prudent tactic since the President is open to justice system reform.

Reaction Score
I admire that she is true to her faith and walks the walk. It is unlike many celebrities who talk the walk.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom