Wonder Woman | The Boneyard

Wonder Woman

Reaction Score
Very good movie, even though to my chagrin I figured out 15 minutes into it that it was NOT . Should be. Wow.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Is this the twin peaks or wonder woman thread?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It was just meh. Gal Gadot was good and the basic premise of the movie was OK. The action scenes were well done, and Chris Pine and Gadot had solid chemistry. That said, the whole movie seemed very by-the-numbers. From her rebellion against her mom to the recycled fish-out-of-water comedy when Diana gets to London, to the Expendables version WW, there wasn't anything new in this movie other than the superhero being a heroine. Hooray!!!!

I could have gotten past all that, but the villain of this movie was Ludendorff? Of all the characters to pluck out of history to be the villain, they couldn't have come up with someone more interesting? It's like the writers knew Ludendorff was a dud so they had him doing blow to make him more interesting. Danny Huston would have been overacting if he was in a Dolph Lundgren movie.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Very overhyped.

Not even close to as good as Man of Steel.

Chris pine was really good though.

Gadot was an ok Wonder Woman but she certainly wasn’t iconic like Reeve as Superman.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It was excellent for a DC movie.

the Q

Reaction Score
It was excellent for a DC movie.

Besides man of steel that’s an incredibly low bar so far....unless you count their animated movies, which blow every other comic book movie from any company out of the water

Reaction Score
It had the same plot as the first Captain America. The bad guys were boring. It was a boring movie.

Horatio

Reaction Score
Besides man of steel that’s an incredibly low bar so far....unless you count their animated movies, which blow every other comic book movie from any company out of the water
If DC could do everything over again they should've kept Christian Bale as Batman and
Started introducing other characters through his movies. Those movies were successful with him as Batman.

the Q

Reaction Score
If DC could do everything over again they should've kept Christian Bale as Batman and
Started introducing other characters through his movies. Those movies were successful with him as Batman.

Agreed. Could've worked out really well.

Gadot is interesting. In BvS, if you didn't know any better, you probably would've thought she was playing Catwoman for most of the movie.

Which frankly would've been a better fit for her.

I love Cavil as Superman. Frankly even Brandon Routh was a damn good Superman, but his script was just so god awful that he's never going to get his fair shake. They probably should've started with Bale in Superman Returns in some form, and then gone from there...kinda like how they had Tony Stark and Samuel L Jackson at the end of the Hulk movie.

Horatio

Reaction Score
Agreed. Could've worked out really well.

Gadot is interesting. In BvS, if you didn't know any better, you probably would've thought she was playing Catwoman for most of the movie.

Which frankly would've been a better fit for her.

I love Cavil as Superman. Frankly even Brandon Routh was a damn good Superman, but his script was just so god awful that he's never going to get his fair shake. They probably should've started with Bale in Superman Returns in some form, and then gone from there...kinda like how they had Tony Stark and Samuel L Jackson at the end of the Hulk movie.
Exactly. The Batman movies could've linked everything together gradually.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom