Won My Bracket Thanks to UConn | The Boneyard

Won My Bracket Thanks to UConn

Reaction Score
Realize this is late, but picking the Huskies to win it all had me in the 100th percentile on ESPN and won me some decent money in our pool. Going to be mad forever the Jays fumbled that opportunity to go further but I was right about this UConn team being built really well.

Fun to play you guys every year. We are 10 years in the Big East and it is so much fun especially since we found a way to play at a really high level still, never thought we would be where we are after watching the Mo Valley for so long.

Reaction Score
Realize this is late, but picking the Huskies to win it all had me in the 100th percentile on ESPN and won me some decent money in our pool. Going to be mad forever the Jays fumbled that opportunity to go further but I was right about this UConn team being built really well.

Fun to play you guys every year. We are 10 years in the Big East and it is so much fun especially since we found a way to ply at a really high level still, never thought we would be where we are after watching the Mo Valley for so long.
Congrats on a great year as well with Creighton getting further than they ever have before. I know it sucks losing in the Elite 8 when your team is within seconds of their first Final Four-we Husky fans know how that feels (look at 1990 when Laettner broke our hearts).

Congrats on getting Steven Ashworth. That's how a program responds after getting gut punched with Nembhard's transfer. UConn-Creighton is developing into a great rivalry to carry the Big East which included a Prime Time game on FOX.

Reaction Score

Fun to play you guys every year. We are 10 years in the Big East and it is so much fun especially since we found a way to play at a really high level still, never thought we would be where we are after watching the Mo Valley for so long.
Creighton definitely should of been with us in the FF. Probably the final game. Maybe next year. Good luck. BE should be fun.

Reaction Score

Husky Ticket Project is patiently waiting for your generous donation.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Have you been drunk for like 3 weeks? Geez this is late. Nice work though. Classy shoutout. I had a Creighton Final Four ticket. Almost hit. We should be battling next year!

Reaction Score
Have you been drunk for like 3 weeks? Geez this is late. Nice work though. Classy shoutout. I had a Creighton Final Four ticket. Almost hit. We should be battling next year!

Haha, no I had to shut myself off from internet basketball takes for a while after that loss. Just poking back around now. Probably will never have a path fall like that again, so still pretty frustrated but hopefully in place for some more deep runs.

Reaction Score
Husky Ticket Project is patiently waiting for your generous donation.

Good call that is cool as hell.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 10.16.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 10.16.48 PM.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 143
Reaction Score
Entered two pools - one entry in one and two in another my results

Pool 1 - full of Syracuse fans they called in the most upsetting results in the polls history
1st & 2nd

Pool 1 - In Kansas so full of Kansas, Texas and K-Stare fans
1st

Sweet victory.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tough to win local pools in Ct. with everybody picking UCONN. out of state would be better.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I won a local pool - top 4 finsihers picked UConn to win and I had one more early game point.
Came in second in a large pool - lost on tiebreaker points, only 2 of us had UConn winning.

I always have a bracket with UConn winning.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I also won my pool with UConn winning it all. Picking Arizona and Purdue to flame out early also helped

Reaction Score
My son in law placed $500 on UConn for me when he was in MD in December at 10-1!

Reaction Score

Given your handle I'm surprised you didn't have the Jays all the way. My problem and answer with brackets is I can never bring myself to write in a Huskies loss. No so good l since 2014. But I have won enough to be be ahead.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I didn't fill out a bunch of brackets, but did pretty well with one of the fee I filled out. Well, to be clear, I nailed the West region and had us beating SDSU in the final game. Other than SDSU making it to the championship though, the rest of the regions tanked on me.
final 4.jpg
west region.jpg

Reaction Score
I didn't fill out a bunch of brackets, but did pretty well with one of the fee I filled out. Well, to be clear, I nailed the West region and had us beating SDSU in the final game. Other than SDSU making it to the championship though, the rest of the regions tanked on me.
No offense but it looks like you didn't even have SDSU in the Final Four?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No offense but it looks like you didn't even have SDSU in the Final Four?
I aced the west bracket, but you're correct on SDSU.

Reaction Score
Came in 2nd because the winner said she used AI to pick Miami over Texas... Amazing

And the pool was at my job site, just south of San Diego. Only she and I picked UConn to win...

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
If SDSU had not made the final, I would have finished in first. 14 others picked UConn as well. (Totals: 86 members 124 brackets) As it was, I finished second. Won 500 beans. The girl who picked SDSU had no affiliation with them and had no reason for picking them, other than she had a nice vacation there once.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Respect your program. And you were robbed

I was pulling for our conference brothers, but the truth is you're the team that scared me most in the Elite Eight. Being well coached and familiar with us concerned me.

Good luck in the future

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom