Women's Soccer 2018 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Women's Soccer 2018

Reaction Score
:eek: Anyone at "Friends of UConn Soccer" available for comment?

Won't name names; but, from what I have heard, there is still a lot for support for Rodriguez and that the fact that the program was a mess before Tsantiris' retirement. Thus, it will take time. Injuries, of course, ave not helped. Its also worth noting that the financial model around women's college soccer is a lot different today that it was in the '90's when UConn womens' soccer peaked. The new facility should help.

Reaction Score
I did not watch the video of this game today so I'm not sure what got into them today, but UConn women's soccer picked up its first conference win today and third win of the season, beating Cincinnati on the road 4-0. Along with UConn, Cincinnati has been one of the worst teams in the conference this season. Still, it is almost noteworthy whenever UConn women's soccer wins a game this season. It was the first shutout of the season for the UConn defense, and Sophia Danyko-Kulchycky had the first hat trick of her career. Pato Jerzak also had a goal for the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Yamilee Eveillard didn't start last game (Thursday 10/17)? She entered around minute 35, but played the rest of the game. She makes things happen on the field. Or at least that's what I think, I'll acknowledge there are many with a sharper soccer eye.

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Yamilee Eveillard didn't start last game (Thursday 10/17)? She entered around minute 35, but played the rest of the game. She makes things happen on the field. Or at least that's what I think, I'll acknowledge there are many with a sharper soccer eye.

You get points for spelling Yamilee Eveillard's name right. I believe Eveillard was out with an injury for several games (I was at the game on September 30, and she was on crutches at that point). I recall seeing a video of a game where she came out with an injury, an I believe a women's soccer article on the UConn Blog mentioned her injury as well. The Memphis game was her first one back. I don't have a sharp soccer eye either, but I agree with you that she makes things happen. In my mind there are three definite keepers on the team, with Sophia Danyko-Kulchycky and Pato Jerzak being the other two. DK has done quite well scoring 8 goals on a team that has a horrible time in the offensive zone connecting on multiple passing attempts.

Reaction Score
UConn women's soccer was one of if not the program that would hold me over until basketball season started.

I can't tell you how upsetting it is what was allowed to happen to this program. 3-13? I don't want to hear about the stadium being the result of this drastic drop. There were warning signs all over the place in the last 10 years.

Reaction Score
UConn women's soccer was one of if not the program that would hold me over until basketball season started.

I can't tell you how upsetting it is what was allowed to happen to this program. 3-13? I don't want to hear about the stadium being the result of this drastic drop. There were warning signs all over the place in the last 10 years.

It wouldn't surprise me if the record is 3-15 after this weekend.

To me, the aging stadium is part of the story of the decline of the program, but I have written that post before just you have written your opinion before as well. If the program does come back to respectability, the new facility will be part of the story as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't think coaching matters in college soccer? Georgetown goes to their 2nd College Cup. Undefeated so far for the year. They were an also ran in the Big East for our glory days.

This also directly cuts against ur football theory and Morrone Stadium theory dbill.

Coaching coaching coaching. UConn was a leader with inspired coaching hires once upon a time.

Reaction Score
Don't think coaching matters in college soccer? Georgetown goes to their 2nd College Cup. Undefeated so far for the year. They were an also ran in the Big East for our glory days.

This also directly cuts against ur football theory and Morrone Stadium theory dbill.

Coaching coaching coaching. UConn was a leader with inspired coaching hires once upon a time.

Is there a dbill around here? No, just us "dbmill" types.

Second time in three years Georgetown women's soccer has made the women's college cup. No question, it is impressive to say the least. Even more so since women's soccer is one of those NCAA sports that tends to be most dominated by P5 conference schools.

I have always agreed that coaching matters. But as I've mentioned before, there can be a lot of factors at work. At this point I just hope the building of the new soccer facility helps to bring on something of a UConn soccer revival.

Reaction Score
The 2018 Women's D1 tournament basically followed the set script with all 4 #1 seeds in Stanford, Florida St, Georgetown, and UNC advancing to the Cup in Cary NC with the Seminoles walking away with a 1-0 win over UNC in front of what I assumed to be hostile crowd just 20 miles from Chapel Hill.

For those who have an interest, a week earlier across I-40 in Greensboro, Williams beat conference foe Middlebury on PK's to win the Women's DIII title for the second year in a row. Closer to home, Bridgeport handed Grand Valley State (MI) its first loss of the season in Pittsburgh 1-0 to win the women's DII title.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Impressive showing by the Nole gals...beat the previous three national champs in their title run.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The 2018 Women's D1 tournament basically followed the set script with all 4 #1 seeds in Stanford, Florida St, Georgetown, and UNC advancing to the Cup in Cary NC with the Seminoles walking away with a 1-0 win over UNC in front of what I assumed to be hostile crowd just 20 miles from Chapel Hill.

For those who have an interest, a week earlier across I-40 in Greensboro, Williams beat conference foe Middlebury on PK's to win the Women's DIII title for the second year in a row. Closer to home, Bridgeport handed Grand Valley State (MI) its first loss of the season in Pittsburgh 1-0 to win the women's DII title.
Grand Valley spanked UB earlier this year - I recall it was like 5-0 Congrats UB - always nice to see a CT school bring home the bacon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom