Women's Schedule: UConn v. NFL | The Boneyard

Women's Schedule: UConn v. NFL

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice the women have seven games scheduled on NFL Sundays, including Super Bowl Sunday. This is very poor planning. Noone goes up against the NFL and wins. If they complain about low attendance, they may only have themselves to blame.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice the women have seven games scheduled on NFL Sundays, including Super Bowl Sunday. This is very poor planning. Noone goes up against the NFL and wins. If they complain about low attendance, they may only have themselves to blame.
Well, 2 yrs ago, I went to a UConn game (that was nearly sold out) as opposed to staying home and watching my Patriots win a playoff game. And this year, the UConn game on Feb 4 is at 1;00 pm, over long before the Superbowl starts, so I don't think there's a problem there.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
For the last 30 years I've watched exactly zero minutes of Super Bowl coverage until 2 minutes before the kickoff. A UConn game the afternoon of the super bowl is perfect.
Many of the women's games from the larger conferences are on television on Sundays. Sunday is a big day for women's basketball on television.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
This is not new. As donalddoowop indicates, Sunday has been a big day for women's basketball. The bigger reason has nothing to do with the NFL, but rather that Saturday showcases men's college basketball.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I am perfectly happy that 6 of the 7 XL games are on a Saturday or Sunday. I can always DVR the football. And I'd rather watch UCWBB basketball anyway!!! I know the men's team drives the scheduling, but this time it worked out just fine as far as I am concerned.

Reaction Score
I have had season tickets to the XL Center women's games for the past 10 years or so, and the weekend afternoon games seem to have larger crowds than the weekday night games, probably because it is a better time for families/children. So I am all for the Sunday afternoon games.

Reaction Score

I don't watch the NFL anymore. I'm turned off by the brain damage that these poor guys are suffering. I now put it in the same category as boxing: a brutal sport that we just don't need.

UConn women all the way!!!

Reaction Score
I could care less about the NFl these days. I had season tickets to the old Cotton Bowl Dallas Cowboys games in the early 1960's but today I love UCONN men & women's basketball. Going to all this years games. I hope and believe football will die in next 25 years. I have a son-in-law that played football at Brown and is now the strength and fitness coach at Harvard that works with all their sports and HE WANT LET his sons even play football. I
know lots of folk like that !!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't watch the NFL anymore. I'm turned off by the brain damage that these poor guys are suffering. I now put it in the same category as boxing: a brutal sport that we just don't need.

UConn women all the way!!!
Add to that all the "look at me I just made a routine play I am paid to make and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it was me" and all the other showboating, the NFL is not easy to watch. Just saying.

Reaction Score
UConn WBB is a great lead in to SB and any other Sunday if Patriots conflict can watch ladies on iPad.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Add to that all the "look at me I just made a routine play I am paid to make and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it was me" and all the other showboating, the NFL is not easy to watch. Just saying.

And now the end zone "dances" are allowed again. Exactly what the game does not need. WTH?

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice the women have seven games scheduled on NFL Sundays, including Super Bowl Sunday. This is very poor planning.

Actually it's not. Besides the fact that Saturdays are Men's basketball, networks like ESPN *WANT* women's games on Sunday as some counter-programming to the NFL. If there were no NFL, more MCBB games would likely end up on Sundays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom