Women's NIL TOP 10 | The Boneyard

Women's NIL TOP 10

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
1683072639617.png
Women

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the NIL? I know the players get money from other outlets, but do schools really guarantee players money? For instance, can LSU say you will get $50,000 a year to come play for us?

Reaction Score
Ms. Dunne is about to appear in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. The super boosters at LSU are making things happen. The collectives are making offers to recruits. It was reported Angel Reese made $800,000 additional after winning the National Championship.

My opinion, Mulkey was lured away from Baylor by LSU boosters knowing that NIL was going to explode. From the time the NIL lawsuit started in California until it ended in the Supreme Court people were forward thinking and figured out how to take advantage of NIL for their school.

Reaction Score
Can someone explain the NIL? I know the players get money from other outlets, but do schools really guarantee players money? For instance, can LSU say you will get $50,000 a year to come play for us?
Yes they can, and they do. SC offers a minimum of 25k per player to play. LSU also offers $$$, but it has never been said what the amount is. There are a few others.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes they can, and they do. SC offers a minimum of 25k per player to play. LSU also offers $$$, but it has never been said what the amount is. There are a few others.
And friends.......lest we forget that MONEY TALKS!! ;) Recruiting in WCBB has gone far beyond the dynamics of offering a chance to receive a quality education, and the opportunity to play Division one WCBB. NIL has become a major consideration in a recruit's decision of where to commit.

Reaction Score
This is a VALUATION by On3. based upon their social media followers. It has nothing to do with what they actually make from shoe, Gatorade, Bose, etc. endoresemennts and contracts.

I have a gut feeling that Paige is still No. 1 - at least as far as basketball players.
I agree with you on the validity of the online lists of the amounts of NIL money the student-athletes are making. I think most of the amounts online are disseminated by agents who want to make people think their people are making big money and they use that to attract more student athletes.

I'll go on a limb here and say no one on the BY has read a student-athlete's NIL contract. These are multi-national companies giving much of this money out and they have serious marketing departments. I think if a kid gets arrested or says/does something stupid they get dropped. I would guess Paige's NIL money might have been reduced by her being out for the season. I also think Hailey Van Lith lost her Adidas deal the second she left Louisville. L-Ville was an Adidas school before Hailey Van Lith, she might have been the face of the athletic department so they gave her a deal. My guess is her deal was contingent upon her playing basketball at Louisville. I think most of the recent money is coming through NIL Collectives, which are absolutely contingent on that student-athlete playing at that school.

CWBB is creating a whole new conundrum with the NIL situation. The top collegiate football and men's bball players get drafted and receive a bonus and big contract far outweighing any NIL money. WCBB, the top 10-15 players, will take a major cut in pay with their $68,000 rookie contract.

Reaction Score
LSU is on a short list of 12 or so schools with "super boosters" that are forming collectives that are swelling with money and they are openly offering money to recruits. The other schools maybe consist of Miami, Texas, TCU, Tech, A&M, UCLA, USC, ND & Michigan. No one knows how much money, but a few players are getting a lot of money.

There are a lot of things going on here. Tara said something directly or indirectly about the LSU Gymnastics girl Liv Dunne. Now for the first time ever a bunch of Stanford Women player's jump ship. Coincidence or not, I have no idea. Liv Dunne is a different case than all the other college athletes, she is a model first, student-athlete second. Her stock continues to soar. I don't fault any of these kids for taking the money.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Gymnasts and hoopers are killing it. Are athletes from any other sports cashing in much?

Reaction Score
This is a VALUATION by On3. based upon their social media followers. It has nothing to do with what they actually make from shoe, Gatorade, Bose, etc. endoresemennts and contracts.

I have a gut feeling that Paige is still No. 1 - at least as far as basketball players.
Thanks for this. Not sure how anyone would know the actual amounts unless it has to be reported or something. I feel like there are so many more deep dive type articles that could be written about nil

Reaction Score
Dunne had a massive following prior to LSU (due to her gymnastics) but it definitely grew since college. She did social media and really expanded in that area during the pandemic and it stuck. Of course being an attractive female athlete obviously has added on to her value.

Flaujae had a major following prior to LSU given her talents outside of basketball. Of course winning SEC freshmen of the year and adding a natty on top of it helps expand her brand more.

Hailey Van Lith's following has nothing to do with LSU but I get why she is at LSU (Prior close relationship with Kim, chance for a deep NCAAT run, and obvious current NIL exposure from other prominent members on team)

Reese (while well know in the basketball world prior to entering college) really took off since coming to LSU. I believe she had 70-80K followers when she hit campus and has exploded to millions of followers on IG/Twitter/Tiktok in like 8 months.

LSU has an assistant on staff dedicated to NIL and managing it since Kim doesn't want to deal with it (has been vocal about not wanting to deal or learn about NIL). They work on getting opportunities for athletes and other passions outside of basketball.

Football/Men's Basketball NIL is on another level... Its pretty much pay for play on steroids in those two sports.

Reaction Score
Just goes to show where some folks place their values. LA is otherwise near the bottom of every indicator of success.

Reaction Score
These are some projections of value (guesses) based on some proprietary formula (can't be scrutinized or they will have to end you...lol) in use by some other "expert"...cashing in. BTW...if anyone asks (like my wife or daughters)...I'm still broke. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom