8. Syracuse
9. Virginia
10. Notre Dame
11. Wake Forest
12. Miami
13. Clemson
14. Pittsburgh

Reaction Score
It looks like that Swish more or less copied and pasted last years standings and then they left UNC off the list.

Reaction Score
It looks like that Swish more or less copied and pasted last years standings and then they left UNC off the list.
Oops. “Other than that” does everyone agree they did a pretty good job researching for the poll?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Oops. “Other than that” does everyone agree they did a pretty good job researching for the poll?
Actually, no, I think this poll is atrociously put together. To overlook NC who has a viable Conference POY in Bailey and is a top 4 team is the most glaring but also having a decimated Duke team 3rd with no talent ahead of an ND squad with talent also screams illogical! I am not saying ND is top 4 but is better than Duke. Add in VPI and GaTech ahead of Syracuse-Based on what? So yeah, to me this is a pathetic poll. Where’s the ACC Coaches preseason poll?

Reaction Score
Syracuse gets their pg back and adds a great freshman class that includes highly recruited 6'6" Cardosa. I see them several spots higher at the end of the season.

And if BC finishes ahead of N Dame I'll be shocked. :eek:
[/QU
Tiana on Syracuse, by the end of the year might be the best player in the conference.
Q said she is at 8 of 10 as far as fitness right now. She can do things no-one else in the conference can. She makes her teammates better.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
If Duke finishes 3rd..... I'll streak through downtown wearing nothing but a Duke WBB hat.
Make sure you have someone records it so that you can prove that you did it. Just make sure you post it under the Cesspool forum, because I don't think the Mods would approve it as UConn related.:rolleyes::eek:

Reaction Score
Actually, no, I think this poll is atrociously put together. To overlook NC who has a viable Conference POY in Bailey and is a top 4 team is the most glaring but also having a decimated Duke team 3rd with no talent ahead of an ND squad with talent also screams illogical! I am not saying ND is top 4 but is better than Duke. Add in VPI and GaTech ahead of Syracuse-Based on what? So yeah, to me this is a pathetic poll. Where’s the ACC Coaches preseason poll?
I was being facetious by asking a question similar to: “Other than that Mrs. Lincoln did you enjoy the play?” I agree with your points. However if a website posts a poll that completely omits a team I can’t get past that glaring error to take the remainder of the article even remotely serious.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I was being facetious by asking a question similar to: “Other than that Mrs. Lincoln did you enjoy the play?” I agree with your points. However if a website posts a poll that completely omits a team I can’t get past that glaring error to take the remainder of the article even remotely serious.
I, too was going to quote that same Lincoln reference...great minds think alike..:rolleyes:

*Footnote, when being facetious or joking, it helps those of us "humor impaired" with insertion of an " :rolleyes: or ;)" emoji to assist our comprehension..:)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m starting a new website for SEC women’s basketball. I’m now taking money for advertising space. Only a few premiums spots left!
Don’t share yet as I’m offering this sneak preview for the boneyard ONLY!
After careful and exhaustingly detailed research my prediction for the 20-21 SEC season:
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Kentucky
Texas A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Auburn
Ole Miss

Send me your checks now before you miss out!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I’m starting a new website for SEC women’s basketball. I’m now taking money for advertising space. Only a few premiums spots left!
After careful and exhaustingly detailed research my prediction for the 20-21 SEC season:
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Kentucky
Texas A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Auburn
Ole Miss

Umm, seems like you are taking your lead from Swishappeal and missing an even more obvious team-South Carolina...:confused:

Unless of course, you are trolling the Gamecock fans here on this forum, at which I laud your efforts!!!
:D

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Mississippi State
Arkansas
Kentucky
Texas A&M
Tennessee
LSU
Alabama
Georgia
Florida
Missouri
Vanderbilt
Auburn
Ole Miss

I keep seeing Ole Miss at the bottom of preseason SEC standings. Coach Yo is a great coach and was very successful at Jacksonville albeit a lesser conference. She is starting her season with 2 McDonalds AA in Shakira Austin and Madison Scott. I just think the Rebels may surprise some folks this season.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I keep seeing Ole Miss at the bottom of preseason SEC standings. Coach Yo is a great coach and was very successful at Jacksonville albeit a lesser conference. She is starting her season with 2 McDonalds AA in Shakira Austin and Madison Scott. I just think the Rebels may surprise some folks this season.
I think @militarydog post was in jest and is not a "true" coaches poll. While I do think Ole Miss will be improved, They are still in the lower half of the SEC behind SC, MSU, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU and Georgia. But yeah, they may be better than Vandy, Auburn, Alabama and Missouri so that an $2.75 can get you a small coffee at Starbucks drivethru... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think @militarydog post was in jest and is not a "true" coaches poll. While I do think Ole Miss will be improved, They are still in the lower half of the SEC behind SC, MSU, Texas A&M, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, LSU and Georgia. But yeah, they may be better than Vandy, Auburn, Alabama and Missouri so that an $2.75 can get you a small coffee at Starbucks drivethru... :rolleyes:

Ole Miss is definitely a team to watch.

Hard to imagine how they won't be the most improved team in the league.

On the other hand, they trailed 32-0 with 1 minute left in the 2nd quarter vs South Carolina, which makes one wonder a bit about coaching.

Their surprising recruiting though is an interesting story and I would like to see any team find a way out of the basement. Always a nice story.

Reaction Score

Head Coaches Predicted Order of Finish
Louisville (13 first-place votes) - 223
NC State (2) - 210
Syracuse - 193
North Carolina - 157
Georgia Tech - 146
Notre Dame - 138
Virginia Tech - 125
Florida State - 124
Boston College - 120
Miami - 99
Duke - 74
Wake Forest - 73
Clemson - 56
Pittsburgh - 37
Virginia - 25

Blue Ribbon Panel Predicted Order of Finish (57 voters)
Louisville (45 first-place votes) – 840 points
NC State (10) – 797 points
Syracuse (2) – 724 points
Notre Dame – 555 points
North Carolina – 547 points
Florida State – 516 points
Virginia Tech – 482 points
Boston College – 468 points
Georgia Tech – 452 points
Duke – 385 points
Miami – 359 points
Wake Forest – 258 points