Women TV Coverage | The Boneyard

Women TV Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the UConn website it does not show TV coverage for many of the Women's games. Is SNY not carrying them this year? Is something else happening? I'm sure they will be shown somewhere but does anyone have details?

Thanks,

Tom

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
last i knew SNY was in negotiating talks with ESPN. ESPN has all the rights.....

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score

• taken from the SNY website................

Thank you for being a subscriber to SNY's UConn Women's Basketball online streaming package last season. All of us are looking forward to another exciting season for the Huskies as they pursue UConn's ninth national championship.

We want to inform you of changes related to the televised games and the streaming service for the coming season and going forward. Through the American Athletic Conference's new television agreement, individual schools no longer control their own local women's basketball broadcast rights. The TV rights for all schools in The American have been acquired by ESPN, in a rights arrangement similar to that of many conferences across the country.

However, through a deal with ESPN, SNY is proud to continue as the "TV Home of the Huskies" and will be broadcasting 17 regular season games, along with other programs including pre-and-post-game shows, Geno Auriemma coach's shows and our highly-acclaimed Huskies All-Access Special. All of this programming will be televised throughout SNY's regional "footprint" of Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and northeast Pennsylvania and also on various other national services that carry SNY such as DIRECTV, Verizon FiOS and AT&T U-Verse.

Click here for more details on SNY's comprehensive coverage of UConn Women's Basketball.

Outside SNY's "footprint", these 17 games will now be streamed on ESPN3, an ESPN digital network. ESPN3 is available at no extra charge for those who have a high-speed internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated ESPN service provider that supports ESPN3 content. ESPN3 can be viewed on home computers, smartphones, and tablets. Go to www.WatchESPN.com for more information.

However, within SNY's "footprint", UConn games will not be available online in order to protect the exclusivity of SNY's television broadcasts.

We apologize for the late notice of this message and any inconvenience this may cause, as we have been working diligently through the changes to explore every possibility for our fans and customers.

SNY and UConn are proud to continue our partnership by delivering UConn women's basketball at the championship level it deserves.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Thanks, Bachelor. I was wondering, as was the original poster, whether the games would be on SNY this year. You answered my question -- and most gloriously so, since it was the answer I was anxiously hoping for.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Thanks, Bachelor. I was wondering, as was the original poster, whether the games would be on SNY this year. You answered my question -- and most gloriously so, since it was the answer I was anxiously hoping for.
you are most welcomed....fyi its ABachelor....or AB ....for Abel Bachelor, a soldier that served with the 6th Connecticut Regiment in the American Revolution (my Regimental name)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I really hope Kerith Burke is back with more specials. She is an excellent interviewer who seems to have a good rapport with Geno.

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
That notice was posted last year (notice that it says that UConn is seeking its ninth national championship, something it obviously has already done). I certainly hope that the message is good for this year too since I live in New Mexico and depend on SNY on Directv to watch the UConn games. As of today, the non ESPN games are listed for TV as TBA.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I like the sound of this part going forward.......

"Through the American Athletic Conference's new television agreement, individual schools no longer control their own local women's basketball broadcast rights. The TV rights for all schools in The American have been acquired by ESPN, in a rights arrangement similar to that of many conferences across the country."

Mainly because I never think ESPN has the best interests of the game in mind (Only the best interests of ESPN)

Reaction Score
11/2 West Chester H
11/9 Post H
11/14 @ UC Davis SNY
11/17 @ Stanford ESPN2
11/23 Creighton H SNY
11/28 Charleston SNY Gulf Coast Classic
11/29 TBD SNY GC #2
11/30 TBD SNY GC @3
12/6 @ ND ESPN Jimmy V Classic
12/19 DePaul H SNY
12/21 UCLA ESPN2 Hall of Fame Challenge
12/27 SMU H SNY
12/29 Duke H ESPN2
12/31 @ E Carolina SNY
1/4 St.Johns SNY Maggie Dixon@ MSG
1/7 Tulsa H SNY
1/11 @SMU SNY
1/14 Temple H SNY
1/18 USF H ESPN2
1/21 @ UCF SNY
1/25 @ Cincinnati ESPN2
1/28 E. Carolina H SNY
2/1 @ Temple ESPN2
2/3 Cincinnati H SNY
2/7 @ Memphis SNY
2/9 S. Carolina H ESPN2
2/14 Tulane H CBSSN
2/17 Houston H SNY
2/21 @ Tulsa SNY
2/23 @ Tulane SNY
2/28 Memphis H CBSSN
3/2 @ USF ESPN2

3/6 AAC Tournament H SNY

NCAA TOURNAMENT

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I like the sound of this part going forward..

"Through the American Athletic Conference's new television agreement, individual schools no longer control their own local women's basketball broadcast rights. The TV rights for all schools in The American have been acquired by ESPN, in a rights arrangement similar to that of many conferences across the country."

Mainly because I never think ESPN has the best interests of the game in mind (Only the best interests of ESPN)
Same here. Whenever I read that ESPN "has acquired the rights," even if to a leftover slice of pizza, it makes me uneasy. Sorry UConn women, but we're gonna have to move your game to ESPN Ocho after 7 minutes because hey we have to cover that huge Missouri-South Central North Dakota State University at Bismarck men's game. UConn WCBB games are usually over by the first TV timeout anyway, so you understand, right?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I really hope Kerith Burke is back with more specials. She is an excellent interviewer who seems to have a good rapport with Geno.

I very much enjoy seeing her. And by that, I mean looking at her.

amd-kerith-burke-jpg.jpg

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
UConn has announced its TV schedule and you can find it on the site. The first game, vs. UC Davis, will be on ESPN 3. Otherwise, all games will be on ESPN, ESPN2, SNY, or CBS SN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom