Women & Men in NCAAs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Women & Men in NCAAs

Reaction Score
Has anyone besides UCONN had their MBB and WBB teams win the title in the same year?

While no other school has won both in the same year, only four schools have won both a MBB and WBB championship in the history of NCAA tournaments: Stanford (M '42; W '90, '92), North Carolina (M '57, '82, '93, '05, '09; W '94), Maryland (M '02; W '06) and Connecticut.

Only four times a school has had their MBB and WBB teams in the championship game: Duke ('99 lost both), Louisville ('13 M win, W lose), and 2004 and 2014 (we know the outcomes of those!)

Only eleven times has a school had both teams in the Final Four in the same year: UConn ('04, '09, '11, '14), Georgia ('83), Duke ('99), Oklahoma ('02), Texas ('03), Michigan State ('05), Lousiville ('13), Syracuse ('16).

Reaction Score
Our men's team is going to the FF for the first time in School History!!! I think I could cry !!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was bawling right there in MSG; I didn't care. I'm still choked up.

Hate what happened last Sunday night....... and normally I never pull for teams that knock my team out of the tourney..... but I admit that it was nice see the chickens win today and celebrate like they did with all of the fans in attendance up in the arena. I had goosebumps myself in the last few seconds once I knew the game was in hand. I imagine long time fans never thought they would live to see the day to see Lower Carolina in the Final Four :eek:

Reaction Score
Below is the list of 2 schools that have M & W teams still alive in tourney.

7 / 1 SCAR -- MMMM WWW (Sat Gonz / Mon FlaSt)
3 /10 OREG -- MMMM WWW (Sat UNC / Mon UConn)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hate what happened last Sunday night.. and normally I never pull for teams that knock my team out of the tourney..... but I admit that it was nice see the chickens win today and celebrate like they did with all of the fans in attendance up in the arena. I had goosebumps myself in the last few seconds once I knew the game was in hand. I imagine long time fans never thought they would live to see the day to see Lower Carolina in the Final Four :eek:

Thanks. It was even better because both games were like home games at MSG. I think we will have a lot of people in Phoenix, too. The way I look at it, if we can beat Duke, we can beat anyone.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thanks. It was even better because both games were like home games at MSG. I think we will have a lot of people in Phoenix, too. The way I look at it, if we can beat Duke, we can beat anyone.

Well Duke wasnt a good defensive team at all this season...... Zaga is supposedly a really good defensive team.... so it will be a tougher matchup... a different matchup style wise. Plus Zag has some big boys inside...... unlike Duke.

Reaction Score
upload_2017-4-1_17-31-39.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom