Women in Music | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Women in Music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I gotta say, there are a number of HUGE names from pop from the 90s forward who haven't appeared in this thread yet. Quite surprising with some of them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Couple more from Sweden. The Scandinavian countries punch way above their weight class when it comes to producing pop music.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
From Canada, i really like her lyrics on this song:

Saw her a few years ago, good show. She seems to keep re-inventing herself, both her look and her sound.

Reaction Score
The more mainstream and well-known ladies are getting most of the love here, but I'm going to go back a bit and link a few 80s ladies/groups again.
Chrissy Amphlett (R.I.P.) fronted the Divinyls and was a bit of a 'volatile' performer.
I'm not going to post their main hit and risk a time-out, so I chose something with good sound and decent video.
They recorded quite a bit of stuff that I like.

Reaction Score
Toronto was an 80s Canadian group fronted by Holly Woods and Sheree Alton. Pretty sure they made 3 albums before disbanding.
Holly Woods had at least 1 solo album.

Reaction Score
This is a bit of a reach...
'Streets Of Fire' was an early 80s movie, not very well known, kinda campy, but with an interesting soundtrack - a lot of it by Jim Steinman.
Some Ry Cooder, Blasters, and Dan Hartman contributions as well.
Steinman put together "Fire Inc" to do a couple of the songs.
Holly Sherwood and Laurie Sargent (Laurie was in the Boston based 'Face to Face) were the main vocals for Fire Inc and a quite young Diane Lane lip-synched and did it pretty well.
The other song by Fire Inc that closed the movie was 'Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young'

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom