Women have come a long way | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Women have come a long way

Reaction Score
Proof?

The typeface font is particularly damning.
You can look up numerous contracts on line. There are many samples but all have the same rules. I am sure some were retyped, as some contracts were handwritten. Check out the Story, Iowa, 1905 rules, which were even more strict, and are displayed at Ames Historical Society. It seems unbelievable but that’s the way it was.

Reaction Score
Women have always faced obstacles and special rules. It wasn’t until after the Civil War, with so many men dead, that women generally could own property, they didn’t get the vote until 1920, and Title Nine, requiring public schools to field female athletic teams, is only 50 years old. Billy Jean King rocked the sports world. U.S. Women soccer players are asking for equal pay and WNBA players are looking for bigger paychecks.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Snopes away, it is from Ohio Education Association, but is similar to contracts across the country. They different in certain matters but all seem sure that female teachers not frequent ice cream parlors.
Oh they could frequent them, just not loiter there. It probably was written by a guy who once had to wait longer than he'd like for a booth or a seat at the counter.

Reaction Score
You can look up numerous contracts on line. There are many samples but all have the same rules. I am sure some were retyped, as some contracts were handwritten. Check out the Story, Iowa, 1905 rules, which were even more strict, and are displayed at Ames Historical Society. It seems unbelievable but that’s the way it was.

Where I come from, if you want to make a point you provide actual accurate information. Not fake information that could be kinda like the real thing.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
thread title reminds me of those Virginia Slim ads

Women have always faced obstacles and special rules. It wasn’t until after the Civil War, with so many men dead, that women generally could own property, they didn’t get the vote until 1920, and Title Nine, requiring public schools to field female athletic teams, is only 50 years old. Billy Jean King rocked the sports world. U.S. Women soccer players are asking for equal pay and WNBA players are looking for bigger paychecks.

Some had to wait until 1965

Reaction Score
Where I come from, if you want to make a point you provide actual accurate information. Not fake information that could be kinda like the real thing.
Huh? What fake information? The historical record is there for anyone who looks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom