Women’s Semifinals - Record High Ratings | The Boneyard

Women’s Semifinals - Record High Ratings

Reaction Score

It really feels like women’s college basketball is at a tipping point in terms of popularity. Like Debbie Antonelli said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Iowa-SC semifinal garnered the highest ratings of any game in the tournament in history

Reaction Score

It really feels like women’s college basketball is at a tipping point in terms of popularity. Like Debbie Antonelli said, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Iowa-SC semifinal garnered the highest ratings of any game in the tournament in history
Seems unlikely given the games on a a Friday night. Women’s ratings are highest on weekend afternoons and Friday nights are a great night to get casual fans to tune in. Maybe if Iowa makes the National Championship game since so many are tuning in for the Caitlyn Clark show.

Reaction Score
This is just awesome to see and hear. Just watching the growth of the women's game over the decades and the amount of coverage, thanks to technology, the women's games are getting, just warms my heart. Huge shout out to the fans that are in attendance, watching at home, or watching at the bars. Thank you for helping to grow our (WBB) game.

Reaction Score
Seems unlikely given the games on a a Friday night. Women’s ratings are highest on weekend afternoons and Friday nights are a great night to get casual fans to tune in. Maybe if Iowa makes the National Championship game since so many are tuning in for the Caitlyn Clark show.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
In past years, the only games/replays I watched were UConn WBB games. This season in addition to the UConn games, I watched a few VT games (I like our local kid, Liz Kitley) and I became really interested because we might meet up with VT in the tournament. But it didn't happen. Now back to the thread subject. I just had to watch 2 tournament replays this year, VT's win over OSU and Iowa's win over SoCar. A year ago I would not have any interest in a non UConn game replay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom