Wolf is Back! | The Boneyard

Wolf is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@NeillOstrout: Enosch Wolf's suspension is over, UConn announced. Center officially back in the fold.

Great news. Just now we need to know who will be a walk on next year.

Reaction Score
@EdDaigneault 22s
Check that, Wolf is eligible to return in 2013-14. He's home in Germany, expecting to decide soon whether to return as a walk-on.

Reaction Score
And Enosch Wolf will be the will on:
@NeillOstrout: Wolf will be a non-scholarship player, however. Hence the timing of adding a transfer, it seems.

Reaction Score
@EdDaigneault 22s
Check that, Wolf is eligible to return in 2013-14. He's home in Germany, expecting to decide soon whether to return as a walk-on.
Yup.
@KevinRDuffy: Enosch Wolf's suspension is over, UConn announces. He can return to team next year as non-scholarship player if he chooses to do so.

Reaction Score
Im not sure how to feel about this move. Dont you think we could have used Wolf just for another body down low instead of another guard?

Reaction Score
Howl at the moon, I really like Wolfie as a guy and think he can really help us do something special next year. Come on back to the family for one more season Enosch!

Reaction Score
Why would he even consider a walk-on spot? It's not like Drummond where NBA money is waiting. If he does walk-on that would be unbelievable!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Why would he even consider a walk-on spot? It's not like Drummond where NBA money is waiting. If he does walk-on that would be unbelievable!
Wolf will be a professional basketball player somewhere. I'm sure he lost his scholarship as a direct result of his actions and understands and accepts that consequence. He also loves his team as evidenced by him being instrumental in Bazz's return.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can we change the thread title so it is not as blatantly misleading?

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if he returned at this point, though I'd love to have him back. Would he be eligible to play next year if he opted to transfer? I'm sure there would be at least a few schools that would offer.

pj

Reaction Score
International student tuition is what, $40k? And he's not eligible for financial aid.

Maybe he feels UConn is the best place to develop as a player, and he'll earn the $40k back quickly as a player. Or maybe he starts playing professionally in Germany right away. If he has NBA dreams he's probably back at UConn.

Reaction Score
Wolf will be a professional basketball player somewhere. I'm sure he lost his scholarship as a direct result of his actions and understands and accepts that consequence. He also loves his team as evidenced by him being instrumental in Bazz's return.

Don't be so sure about that. Averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds as a junior won't get you many offers. Unless he improves mightily he will need his degree.

Reaction Score
Don't be so sure about that. Averaging 3 points and 3 rebounds as a junior won't get you many offers. Unless he improves mightily he will need his degree.

I'm sure Wolf could play professionally in Germany right now if he wanted to.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Im not sure how to feel about this move. Dont you think we could have used Wolf just for another body down low instead of another guard?

I agree. But now that I'm ten toes in, I am going to defer to the HC.

Reaction Score
OR maybe he has established temp residency status and can get in state tuition rates?

Reaction Score
I'm sure Wolf could play professionally in Germany right now if he wanted to.

Maybe making 20-40k a year, but believe me he won't be making El Amin or Anderson type dollars. He will need a real job like the rest of us.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The timing hints that this was a Kromah for Wolf swap. But I'm not so sure that was the case. I think Wolf was going to lose his schollie transfer or no.

Reaction Score
Could this mean that the staff is very high on Nolan?

Reaction Score
I think Wolf comes back regardless of the transfer. His punishment now is to pay his way through senior year. Hes going to want to graduate and he loves his school. If thats the case, i love this move!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I think Wolf comes back regardless of the transfer. His punishment now is to pay his way through senior year. Hes going to want to graduate and he loves his school. If thats the case, i love this move!
It is clearly tough love and gives EW the chance to prove himself. I dont know yhe numbers but i am sure that there many foreign students at UConn who have to foot their own bill and there must also mechanisms (student loans with deferred payments etc. to help make that happen). I really hope he comes back...those cheers when he made a great play were awesome!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Sami Amaziane (sp?) was an international walk-on, but he was a grad student so I don't know if that changes things.

Reaction Score
Could this mean that the staff is very high on Nolan?

I don't think Wolf's situation has any baring on what the staff thinks of Phil Nolan. I do think Nolan would be the biggest beneficiary if Wolf decides not to stick around.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Because he loves his Husky brothers.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Because he got 3 free years of a Uconn education and thinks its worth it to pay one year on his his own to stick around and play with his buddies and go after a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom