Woj Bomb-Quitting ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Woj Bomb-Quitting ESPN

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I've always blamed Wetzel

Btw, re Nate Miles, all those headaches for this:

I know we say everyone hates us, but Woj really didn't like Calhoun.

Complete opposite with Hurley

Reaction Score
He used to cover the Jaycee-Courant League beat.
Whatever happened to Jaycee-Courant? Is it still around? We used to watch those games and Hartford Twilight league games in Hartford years ago. Looks like Twilight League is still around.

Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Jaycee-Courant? Is it still around? We used to watch those games and Hartford Twilight league games in Hartford years ago. Looks like Twilight League is still around.
Almost all youth baseball has disappeared after little league. AAU is the big thing.

Reaction Score
Yup.

I remember when this came out and someone said Woj vowed to get Calhoun back because of how he treated him while covering UConn. Don't know if that was just fan fiction but Woj contributing to this expose when he was already an NBA insider at that point and Miles wasn't even on the NBA radar would lend some credence to there being some bad blood between the two of them.

Reaction Score
I remember when this came out and someone said Woj vowed to get Calhoun back because of how he treated him while covering UConn. Don't know if that was just fan fiction but Woj contributing to this expose when he was already an NBA insider at that point and Miles wasn't even on the NBA radar would lend some credence to there being some bad blood between the two of them.
If JC didn’t like him, then I don’t like him

Next

Reaction Score
Think Woj ultimately tired of the illusion of amateur sports and NCAA rules and said f it , let me cover the NBA where getting paid isn’t cheating.

Seems he made the right decision.

Reaction Score
Woj and Wetzel were doing data based reporting back then. Man, I remember that story. Broke when I was on the desk and half our team was out at the final four. Lucky Miles never played here.

Reaction Score
Woj is an extremely cutthroat and spiteful dude. The whole industry is silly. Breaking news 30 seconds before it would have been widely known, what a talent. There was a big profile on Shams a few years ago and the day to day existence seems absolutely miserable. Cool that he gets to spend his time now with his family and supporting an institution he loves.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Woj as I really liked his NBA coverage, but his job must have totally consumed his life. Although he supposedly had 3 years remaining on his contract, I wonder if he is leaving on his terms and building a new career as I would bet cost cutting ESPN would not renew his contract for $7 million per year.

Reaction Score
Wow he was making $7m a year at ESPN. Yup he has made enough money to spend his time doing what he wants. As you said good for him….
$7 million a year for him? No wonder why ESPN has been struggling financially.

Reaction Score
Woj and Wetzel were doing data based reporting back then. Man, I remember that story. Broke when I was on the desk and half our team was out at the final four. Lucky Miles never played here.
Woj was writing opinion based columns then, and that story broke before the Sweet 16 game vs Purdue

Reaction Score
Can ESPN put that new found money toward UConn while getting them into the ACC and making it "revenue neutral"?

Reaction Score
thankfully had forgotten much of this including DH passing on Miles when he was at St. Benedict's

Had no idea was DH was quasi-involved in all of this BS.

Reaction Score
went back down the Nate Miles rabbit hole and I see there's a 4 star 2026 recruit from Ohio named Nate Miles III that looks just like him, I'm assuming that's his son

Reaction Score
went back down the Nate Miles rabbit hole and I see there's a 4 star 2026 recruit from Ohio named Nate Miles III that looks just like him, I'm assuming that's his son
Yep, it's his son. He has some Midwest mid-major offers. Looks like his dad facially but very different body type.

Wish there wasn't all that stuff surrounding his dad because we would've won it all with Nate Miles that season. I also hate that he never was able to fulfill his basketball career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom