Woj Bomb-Quitting ESPN | The Boneyard

Woj Bomb-Quitting ESPN

Reaction Score
Can't imagine he enjoyed being threatened by Ron Harper last year for leaking Dylans decision

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Shams reading that tweet:

4c3c6101fb4fbcf4815c84d754c4efd7.jpg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Having family roots from Bristol and really understanding the comment about being the child of factory workers like many of us growing up in central Connecticut in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.

Those factories provided our families with living wages and many of us were able to craft successful careers from those small opportunities that our parents were given.

I get his sentiment and was lucky enough as was my wife to take those opportunities of being part of the last wave of true middle class families and find a way to achieve more than our parents because of the sacrifices they made working in all of those central Connecticut factories from Stanley works and Fafnir Bearings.

We were taught the importance of showing up putting your time in as I watched my dad find his opportunities starting at Royal typewriter off Sisson Ave in Hartford to landing a great job at Pratt and Whitney in Southington where he worked until they packed up and moved to Florida.

I find it interesting that after living in many states after leaving CT first to New Hampshire then to South Carolina then to Illinois (Chicago) for 20 years, I finally settled in Palm Beach County about ten miles from the plant Pratt opened after closing the Southington plant and downsizing the East Hartford location.

I always felt a connection because I knew how he grew up since we are pretty close in age.

Reaction Score
Back when he was recording his podcast, he would pretty frequently talk about the Bonnies. Clear he is still a big supporter, so this feels like a good move for him.

Imagine how insane his job as an NBA insider/media guy was, that becoming the GM in charge of NIL at a mid major NCAA program is considered a relaxing step back

Congrats to Woj!

Reaction Score
I know he's a Bonnies grad, but the lifestyle change from where he lives in Bergen County, NJ to Olean, NY is pretty extreme. It's not remote like UConn, which has a LOT more students and staff, and is really only 20 minutes or so from bigger towns. It's like really remote. I'm not judging it. I'm just surprised.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
That's about the biggest paycut you'll ever see. Good for him, he obviously doesn't need the money. I figured he was retiring to stay home with family and enjoy life but looks like he wants to be directly involved in basketball and to give back to his alma mater.
Wow he was making $7m a year at ESPN. Yup he has made enough money to spend his time doing what he wants. As you said good for him….

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I know he's a Bonnies grad, but the lifestyle change from where he lives in Bergen County, NJ to Olean, NY is pretty extreme. It's not remote like UConn, which has a LOT more students and staff, and is really only 20 minutes or so from bigger towns. It's like really remote. I'm not judging it. I'm just surprised.
I don't think he's gonna be in the office 9-5 5 days a week.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Woj stays repping WNY I’m glad to see him with the Bonnies.

Reaction Score
Wow he was making $7m a year at ESPN. Yup he has made enough money to spend his time doing what he wants. As you said good for him….
I was blown away by how much money he was making at ESPN. Woj, his wife, and his kids never have to worry about money. Good for him!

Reaction Score
Love to see the Courant shoutout and reflection on his roots in general.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’ll never forgive him for writing that hit piece a day before the 2009 Final Four.

I've always blamed Wetzel

Btw, re Nate Miles, all those headaches for this:

Reaction Score
Love Woj. Calhoun hated him. That was long before me.

Shams Charania gotta feel like the king has abdicated the throne.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom