WNIT Championship On CBSSN Now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNIT Championship On CBSSN Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dvr'ed the game and watched it Saturday night. My freakin' dvr quit recording right at the end of the game with the score tied. I had to go on the internet to find out who won. LOL!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Sorry for bumping this so late, however, I was in the middle of moving cross-country and didn't have access to my computer until now.

I am so proud of this team! I know it's a long shot away from being a NCAA title....but winning this could be a huge step back where we were 7 or 8 years ago. So so proud.

Now that the partner and I live in B1G country, I fully intend on making down to OSU whenever Rutgers comes to play. :)

Reaction Score
The UConn Men's team used the NIT championship in 1988 to springboard to national prominence; As have many teams. It is not as far away from a NCAA Championship as it seems. It can be easily argued that he NIT Champion, in any given year, is at least as good if not better than 25% of the automatic qualifiers; Especially those with losing records who slither in through the back door. Rutgers winning the WNIT and USF also making it to the Final Four keeps alive the argument that they were snubbed by the NCAA. I think it is good for the women's tournament that there are discussions/controversies surrounding snubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom