WNBA - Wings Trade Zahui B to Liberty | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA - Wings Trade Zahui B to Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carnac said:
A first round draft pick is a high price to pay for any player, especially one that did not live up the they hype that accompanied her during and after the draft.

To clarify, the trade was Zahui plus Dallas' 2017 second pick for New York's 2017 first round pick. So if the Liberty finish first in overall record like they did last year, the trade means maybe a move up of 6 spots for Dallas.

Next year's draft isn't especially strong. It's heavy in under 6 ft-ers. Coates from SC is probably the most prominent post player and maybe Breonna Jones. There's nobody in the bottom of the first round of 2017 that'll be in the ballpark of Zahui. This trade was not a gamble. The Liberty took advantage of Dallas' crowded post situation to get a great deal.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
New York is expecting that 1st to be a low 1st. Doubtful that there will be a better talent than Zahui available at 9 or 10.

Point well-taken. Want to see how she does over the course of a season or three. If Bill L. -- who does know his post play -- saw something, then this could be a +++. However, another concern-- which I coulda/shoulda stated earlier -- is that #1 could've been used to address other needs that might not be around in Rd. 2. We'll see....

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Dallas will be alright. They get both Diggins and Johnson back.

Reaction Score
See your points for both teams. Bill does like posts and has Herb Williams and himself to coach.
However, I think he gave up a #1 in 2017 so I don't think he bought low on this one. (At first I thought this was a #2 pick).
So with you on the "maybe...."

Looking at the 20017 draft and the fact that ESPN thinks DeShields is the best of it, I'd say that Bill hasn't given up much.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Looking at the 20017 draft and the fact that ESPN thinks DeShields is the best of it, I'd say that Bill hasn't given up much.
I thought only @Carnac could see that far ahead
binochulars-600x369.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Has nothing to do with Kiah. Bright and long future in the league.

You're correct. My Kiah reference was a side note, being that she's also a member of the Liberty, and I'm a Stokes fan. My Kiah reference was a separate thought in a separate paragraph. I made no reference or inference that Kiah had anything to do with the Liberty's acquisition of AZB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS