WNBA transactions through Friday May 3 | The Boneyard

WNBA transactions through Friday May 3

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Keep up to date on the latest transactions with WNBA.com’s Transactions page. As front offices around the league make moves leading up to and throughout the 2019 season, this page will stand as your go-to source for all of the latest transactions, including trades, signings and player releases.
Official camp opens for ALL teams Sunday May 5. Preseason games begin Thursday May 9.

[Link]

May 3, 2019
New YorkDurr, AsiaContract Signed
New YorkCharles, TinaContract Signed
ChicagoKunaiya-Akpanah, PallasContract Signed
April 30, 2019
Los AngelesGray, ChelseaContract Signed
April 26, 2019
ChicagoRobinson, LeslieContract Signed
ChicagoSamuelson, Katie LouContract Signed
IndianaMcCowan, TeairaContract Signed

Reaction Score
Not a transaction, but Lindsay Allen is out for the season due to knee surgery. Also, saw Chong is at the Aces camp.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Not a transaction, but Lindsay Allen is out for the season due to knee surgery. Also, saw Chong is at the Aces camp.

Darn. Dreaded knee surgery strikes again.
Lindsay Allen To Miss 2019 Season Following Successful Offseason Knee Surgery - Las Vegas Aces

LA was with Laimbeer the last two years (Liberty in 2017, Aces in 2018) and had a good year in Australia:
"Allen averaged 18.2 points, 3.9 rebounds and 5.3 assists for the Melbourne Boomers (Australia) during the winter, leading them to the second-best regular season record in the league, and a berth in the WNBL semifinals."

Apparently, the surgery was successful and here's hoping for a good recovery.

Looks like what was a backlog of PG's for the Aces will now come in handy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like Jefferson will be stuck on the Aces squad. I was betting on her getting traded if Allen was signed as a backup PG for the Aces.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sad to hear this. I really like Allen's game and demeanor. One of my favorites when she was in NY. Wishing her a quick recovery and success. I think she can be a starting PG on some WNBA team if things break right.

Reaction Score
Looks like Jefferson will be stuck on the Aces squad. I was betting on her getting traded if Allen was signed as a backup PG for the Aces.
What do you mean, stuck? I think LV has one of the more promising rosters in the WNBA. Or do you mean they have too many players at her position?

Reaction Score
What do you mean, stuck? I think LV has one of the more promising rosters in the WNBA. Or do you mean they have too many players at her position?

If she doesn’t mind backing up Plum, then it’s all good. Otherwise if there’s a team that needs a PG and would be able to make a good offer for Jefferson, that might be a good opportunity for both parties.

Reaction Score
Turns out Laimbeer wants to use Jackie Young as a lead guard, so Jefferson might be in play again.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I hope Mo Jeff gets traded...shes too good on both ends to be a backup IMO. Shed be a good fit in Minnesota. Bill should trade her there or to NY or Indy for next year's first round pick and knowing his luck they'll get a 4th straight #1 overall pick and can add Ionescu or Cox to the stacked lineup.

Reaction Score
I was thinking more like Jefferson + one of his current centers + first round in 2020 for Cambage, only if Cambage will commit long term to the Aces.

Vegas is not Los Angeles but maybe it’s close enough for Cambage.

That would be a beastly squad

JYoung/Plum
McBride/Rodgers/Nared
TYoung/Hamby
Wilson/Harrison
Cambage/Swords/Bone

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I hope Mo Jeff gets traded...shes too good on both ends to be a backup IMO. Shed be a good fit in Minnesota. Bill should trade her there or to NY or Indy for next year's first round pick and knowing his luck they'll get a 4th straight #1 overall pick and can add Ionescu or Cox to the stacked lineup.

luck?? Maybe not. :eek:;)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Turns out Laimbeer wants to use Jackie Young as a lead guard, so Jefferson might be in play again.

Here's an article on that:
Aces’ No. 1 pick Jackie Young works into role as lead guard

In addition to what you brought up, Laimbeer looks like he thinks Young can be used at multiple slots (as she was at ND). Plum is being moved around to increase her scoring, so perhaps MoJeff does factor into this mix.

Going into this season -- even before the Young developments -- I always thought Plum or MoJeff could be used in a package to address other needs/pursuits and that Lindsay Allen could easily serve as the back-up PG. With Allen out for a year, perhaps that concept is off the table. Still, you'd have to think Aces administration would want to take advantage of MoJeff's abilities in one way or another (on the court/in a trade). Stay tuned.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What exactly does "lead guard" mean?

Reaction Score
I was thinking more like Jefferson + one of his current centers + first round in 2020 for Cambage, only if Cambage will commit long term to the Aces.

Vegas is not Los Angeles but maybe it’s close enough for Cambage.

That would be a beastly squad

JYoung/Plum
McBride/Rodgers/Nared
TYoung/Hamby
Wilson/Harrison
Cambage/Swords/Bone
The problem with getting any value for Cambage is that the combination of “Cambage” and “commit long term” is an oxymoron. LA - where she says she says she wants to go - just over-stuffed their cupboard with bigs, apparently having no stomach for the perpetual Cambage “wait and see” drama.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Season status unclear for Dream's McCoughtry -

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Dream forward Angel McCoughtry's status for this season is uncertain as she continues to recover from a serious knee injury. Atlanta opened training camp this week without McCoughtry, a two-time Olympian and two-time WNBA scoring champion. Coach Nicki Collen said Thursday she had to prepare as if McCoughtry could miss the full season.

"We are prepared to be without her for the entire '19 season," Collen said. "That is the approach I went into with free agency, that we couldn't wait on her and we had to be prepared." Collen said McCoughtry, 32, will be evaluated "month to month, strength test to strength test." She said McCoughtry has good range of motion in the knee but still has "a lot of strength-building to do."

[Article]

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Apparently Cierra Dillard has been waived by the Lynx:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Apparently Cierra Dillard has been waived by the Lynx:

According to the Lynx Mystics Box Score, Cierra did not play at all. She must have been less than 100%? Hope she gets some nice international opportunities and keeps up her dream. A very nice person.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Damn, I just saw an article earlier today and Trader Bill seemed really happy w/ Hamblin's showing in camp. I guess not that happy. It remains really tough to crack a WNBA roster.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LA just put in a waiver claim for Cierra Dillard. Good luck. Rooting for her to stick around.

Reaction Score

2 questions..... Will Cambage play? She wanted to go to LA. And....How will this effect Wilson? She seemed to flourish without another big around her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom