OT: - WNBA Trade - Odyssey Sims to Sparks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: WNBA Trade - Odyssey Sims to Sparks

Reaction Score
Seems like you are extra sensitive if you think that me saying good things about DD is being anti-UCONN. That is just silly talk.

I think DD has skills that will cause WNBA teams to want to take a chance on her. When she turns it on it is a thing of beauty and hopefully she will turn it on nightly as a pro. I take nothing away from any UCONN player...or Baylor player.

There's a long history of highly talented athletes in various sports who were complete busts as pros. I've seem DeShields take over games at both ends of the court for stretches of games, mostly in the NCAA's, but more often I've seen her standing around when her game is off or she is getting a little roughed up. There most certainly will be several WNBA teams that would want her. She's a highlight show all by herself.

Reaction Score
The idea that a player doesn't produce because they are bored is a rationalization. Now this might have some validity if the team you are on is undefeated and is constantly blowing out the opposition, but then that itself reflects a "Catch 22" scenario that is unlikely to happen. Perhaps on a non competitive high school level team, but not at a top level D1 program. That sort of lack of effort does happen when a person is not challenged by competition. Sting a few of those years together and it develops a bad habit. You just do not reverse that sort of " bad habit " pattern over night. If you don't constantly challenge yourself to get better you regress. Shoni Shimmel is the poster girl for that in respect to unfulfilled potential. Probably the best career choice for DD would have been to go to Uconn. But her choice and the reason for that choice pretty much explains why she has not fulfilled her potential as of yet.

Potential requires a foundation structure built on discipline. When the challenge is not external it has to come from within. What you compete against is not other teams or players but your own unfulfilled potential.

Reaction Score
I'm starting not to like the WNBA they always have the dumbest trades like why would the Dallas wings send Sims to the Defending Champions for nothing. I say nothing because this Draft isn't really as strong as numerous years. And LA still going to get an ok player at pick 11.

Yes I'm still made maya didn't win her 4th because of a bad call miss call bad officiating. This league has to do better

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom