WNBA Rookie of the Year | The Boneyard

WNBA Rookie of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Does anyone outside the three have a chance to be the ROY? Like their team suits them best to put them in a good position to shine or anything? I don't know that much about the WNBA but I imagine Tayler Hill and Tianna Hawkins being able to adapt quickly and if their teams improve could definitely have a run at it. Of course I do believe BG or ED will win but some players really come into their own at different levels.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You don't say Sarals ;) That's a surprise!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
If she stays healthy, Griner is a shoo-in. EDD will place second, but will be way up the track.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If she stays healthy, Griner is a shoo-in. EDD will place second, but will be way up the track.

Right now I do also think Griner. However, lets think about this for just a bit.

Griner has an arsenal around her. Taurasi, Taylor, Dupree, & Bonner. Thats an effective tandem in an of itself. I can see where Griner may be a blocking machine but I dont know if she will need to be a consistent scorer night in and out.

Where as EDD could very well be the leading scorer for the Sky. Fowles can be a dominant post player but EDD can score from inside and out. I am gone say that EDD has a good shot of being rookie of the year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
As voters have in the past looked mainly on scoring....I'm going with EDD to win ROY. As someone said....she could possibly be the Sky leading scorer, especially since it looks like Prince will head to Russia in a couple weeks and miss games.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
As voters have in the past looked mainly on scoring....I'm going with EDD to win ROY. As someone said....she could possibly be the Sky leading scorer, especially since it looks like Prince will head to Russia in a couple weeks and miss games.

Heading to Russia *now*?

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Heading to Russia *now*?

Prince will be competing for the Russian NT this summer from the beginning of June to the end of June. I read a article that said Russia is expecting her in the next few weeks, and it's looks like she'll only play in the opener before heading over.

HGN

Reaction Score
I would say EDD has a better chance at ROY than BG.....BG is going to be a defensive force , but maybe not so much on the offensive end. As Huskyfan stated , BG has an offensive arsenal surrounding her . And they all are going to still put up their shots. EDD , on the other hand , is going to be a force on BOTH ends of the court. Chicago NEEDS her to be a force on both ends in order to advance in the Playoffs. Positioning EDD more as a ROY candidate I think.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Does anyone outside the three have a chance to be the ROY? Like their team suits them best to put them in a good position to shine or anything? I don't know that much about the WNBA but I imagine Tayler Hill and Tianna Hawkins being able to adapt quickly and if their teams improve could definitely have a run at it. Of course I do believe BG or ED will win but some players really come into their own at different levels.

short answer - no

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think it depends on how each fits into the team. I think Griner or EDD is most likely.

Reaction Score
I've felt right along that EDD is the most likely ROY. She has some very tough competition, but as a C and a PG respectively, Griner and Diggins are coming in at the two positions where it takes longest to develop. As a wing forward, there will be much less of a transition by position for EDD. Her challenge will be adjusting to the speed and physicality of the pro game after playing in the CAA, but even BG and SD will have some adjustment to make in that area as well.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
EDD will probably win ROY. BG is going to be playing with some pretty prolific scorers in DT, Taylor, Bonner and Dupree. The number or shots will be pretty spread out in Phoenix whereas EDD Is going to need to score early and often.

If Gaines decides to go inside first, outside second, then BG could be the ROY. But I don't see that happening so my money is on EDD.

Reaction Score
As long as she plays well and she will and the Mercury are successful this season, she'll win by a landslide. With the other scoring on Phoenix, she'll score something like 10 to 15 points per game and have higher scoring games throughout the season. Hey, she's learning the sky hook, which couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom