WNBA Releases Statement Admitting Error in Phoenix vs Lynx Game | The Boneyard

WNBA Releases Statement Admitting Error in Phoenix vs Lynx Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not that it matters at this point, but the WNBA has released a statement that the foul called at the end of the game that sent Maya to the FT line was a bad call and that no foul occurred. I cannot say that I have ever seen a release like this in women's basketball before.

http://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-statement-on-call-in-lynx-mercury-game/

The league should have added that the overall officiating was bad in both games Sunday. I can say that I saw two fouls that were called on Griner that were phantom fouls. They have to get better at calling these games. Have the women become so much bigger and faster that the refs are unable to officiate without making mistakes?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oops...didn't know this was being discussed in the "Double Header" thread. But I still think this WNBA statements is worthy of its own thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the foul had not been called, the game goes into overtime with Bonner having fouled out. Phoenix had a miniscule chance of making it the finals. It is unfortunate that the loss had to be made more bitter by a bad call.

Reaction Score
If the foul had not been called, the game goes into overtime with Bonner having fouled out. Phoenix had a miniscule chance of making it the finals. It is unfortunate that the loss had to be made more bitter by a bad call.
"Reduced" chance, but I wouldn't say "miniscule" at all. Maya had 5 fouls and could easily have picked up her 6th early in the OT period - or have to dial back her aggressiveness to avoid the 6th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom