WNBA pre-draft news | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA pre-draft news

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get it either. Other than Cambage, who of note are they replacing? McCoughtry didn't play at all last year. Looks like Slocum is not there, but she barely played. They've brought in Kalani Brown, Theresa Plaisance and Sydney Colson. So they have 5 draft picks for 1, maybe 2 roster spots?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
LV has 10 players on roster, MN has 15 as of today. Maybe MN isn't looking to add anyone new?

Reaction Score
Don't get this at all.
They recently got rid of Slocum so they’re definitely trying to add a PG and possibly players like Sika Kone or Emily Engstler if available

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
so they’re definitely trying to add a PG
Sydney Colson has been added to the roster. She should easily be able to replace what little bit Slocum produced for them. The Gray/Plum combo will use up about 99% of the minutes at the PG position.

Reaction Score
Sydney Colson has been added to the roster. She should easily be able to replace what little bit Slocum produced for them. The Gray/Plum combo will use up about 99% of the minutes at the PG position.
Yeah and I think Minn is playing is smart waiting for next year. That will be a very good draft.

Reaction Score
hoping my sparks steal Christyn! Have not been happy lately with the sparks front office, they make too many rash decisions and can't evaluate talent it seems. Mabrey was such a whiff to trade, knew it would come back to haunt them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
hoping my sparks steal Christyn! Have not been happy lately with the sparks front office, they make too many rash decisions and can't evaluate talent it seems. Mabrey was such a whiff to trade, knew it would come back to haunt them.
It might blow up in their face, but they certainly added some talent this off season w/ Cambage and Carter.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minny is at or near the salary cap. They free up $200K or more after Sylvia retires at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
It might blow up in their face, but they certainly added some talent this off season w/ Cambage and Carter.
Cambage only came here cause of Lebron, prob going to do off the court projects together.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No big surprise, Howard #1 to the Dream.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
NaLyssa Smith #2 to Indiana. She wants to play the 3. Is that what they are looking for?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Can the Fever build thru the draft? They've made zero progress the last 5-6 years.

I like Engstler, too bad she's going to a horrible franchise.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Emily Engstler #4 to Indiana.
Think she improved her draft stock the most in the 2021-22 season. I was so impressed with what I saw from her - will be very curious to see if she can translate it to the W, since she's a bit short at 6'1" to be a true forward.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
Wow, Lexie Hull #6 to Indiana. Another player I like going to a black hole. Looks like they are going for defense in this draft.
Thrilled for her. She is the kind of glue team player that a rebuilding team could use to build team chemistry, energy, and effort. Psyched that she proved the ESPN prognosticators wrong and went in the first half of the first round despite not even getting an invite!

Reaction Score
Thrilled for her. She is the kind of glue team player that a rebuilding team could use to build team chemistry, energy, and effort. Psyched that she proved the ESPN prognosticators wrong and went in the first half of the first round despite not even getting an invite!
It was highway robbery that she wasn’t invited. She’s an energy player who doesn’t make many mistakes. One particular late-season game aside, it felt like she was Stanford’s most productive player almost any time I checked a box score,

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
To answer myself, Dallas has Jefferson and Harris, plus ball dominant players like Ogunbowale and Mabrey. Somebody gonna be on the move?

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
Mya Hollingshed #8 to Aces. Hmm. Pac 12 players going WAY higher than projected.
Definitely interesting to see how much divergence there has been between what seemed to be the consensus first-round picks by everyone (including ESPN) versus what the teams are actually looking for.

(And an aside: I do wonder if lack of visibility for PAC-12 players on PAC-12 network hurt their draft stock among the media, whereas the teams are obviously watching tape and doing their research regardless of how many eyes saw their games.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom