WNBA News, (Post-) Game Comments for June | The Boneyard

WNBA News, (Post-) Game Comments for June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hey WNBA fans:

We've gotten to 15 pages on the WNBA Opening Night Thread and thought it might be good to open up one for June, as we do with recruiting.

Thanks to eebmg for the first thread (I'm just online early today! ;))

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Will even put in the first comment:

- When Vegas has Wilson doing A'ja things and two of the three guards (Plum, Gray, Young0 going, they're tough. When all three are on, say "goodnight" opponent. I agree with the comment that things get a little dicey when they bring in the young guards.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

- When Vegas has Wilson doing A'ja things and two of the three guards (Plum, Gray, Young0 going, they're tough. When all three are on, say "goodnight" opponent. I agree with the comment that things get a little dicey when they bring in the young guards.
First world problems. ;)

On the telecast, they were saying how Plum feels her cout awareness and passing has improved alot under Becky Hammon . She had some real dimes in Mercury game

Reaction Score

Curious to see how Bell develops during the season. I find it interesting that Sheppard is getting a bit more time than her considering where they were chosen during the draft.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou showing some aggression at beginning of game

Last 4 games 12-18 from 3. At 46.9% she is 6th in WNBA in 3pt %

By the way, before her injury, Moriah was #1 and Megan Walker was #7

Last edited:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The Sparks took 18 fewer shots and made 8 fewer threes, but still held on for the two point win.

They shot 65 percent from the field and assisted on 23 of 36 field goals.

Lou is their best three point shooter by far. Nneke and Lexie Brown occasionally shoot from three, but that is about it. And the entire bench is 0 for 2 from three over the last three games.

So, adding another deep shooter wouldn’t be a crazy idea. I hear there is a very good one in the L.A. area with a sister on the team. They won a couple of championships together in Spain. She used to play for the Sparks as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
She had some real dimes in Mercury game
She had a brilliant bounce pass on a fast break that split 2 defenders and hit Hamby perfectly in stride for a layup against the Sun last night. I bet even Tom Brady, who was there watching, was impressed with that pass.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
With Plum and Young both playing at an MVP level, Vegas is head and shoulders better than anyone else in the league. Quite a luxury to have Wilson and Gray being your 3rd and 4th best players on the court.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty were leading 22-7 over Indiana at Barclay but the inevitable slide beginning to creep in. Q1 end 23-14. And Indiana with 13-2. run. Cant watch.

Reaction Score
Liberty 65 -Fever 66, end of 3Q. Great game.
Ionescu with 4 fouls, made 3 at 1,5 sec left but then fouled Tiffany Michell for 3 FTs.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Liberty 65 -Fever 66, end of 3Q. Great game.
Ionescu with 4 fouls, made 3 at 1,5 sec left but then fouled Tiffany Michell for 3 FTs.
I gave up too soon when Danielle Robinson hit a 40 ft shot at the half time buzzer for a 47-40 lead . The trick for the Liberty to win is that I don't watch. :oops:

A little revenge for Crystal Not scoring much (why cant she hit a 3??) but 5 assists to 1 TO and 5 rebounds

On the other hand, Bria Hartley is back and played 15 good minutes 10 pts including 2-2 from 3 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 TO and a steal. :D:D:D

Now for Kia Nurse to get back to business.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Jess Shepard just can't catch a break. Got called for a foul (fair) defending Kristy Wallace, but Wallace swung her off hand and hit Shepard square on the base of the nose. Jess certainly appears to have a broken nose. Couldn't come back because they couldn't stop the bleeding. Nothing called on Wallace after a review.

It's hard to fathom how far Minnesota has fallen. Fowles had 20 rebounds tonight -- she was able to find the ball off the backboard, but somehow her teammates can't find her on offense. I really think cutting Dangerfield was a mistake, and of course they miss Napheesa.

Reaction Score
With Plum and Young both playing at an MVP level, Vegas is head and shoulders better than anyone else in the league. Quite a luxury to have Wilson and Gray being your 3rd and 4th best players on the court.

When did A’ja become third fiddle to Young and Plum? :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jess Shepard just can't catch a break. Got called for a foul (fair) defending Kristy Wallace, but Wallace swung her off hand and hit Shepard square on the base of the nose. Jess certainly appears to have a broken nose. Couldn't come back because they couldn't stop the bleeding. Nothing called on Wallace after a review.

It's hard to fathom how far Minnesota has fallen. Fowles had 20 rebounds tonight -- she was able to find the ball off the backboard, but somehow her teammates can't find her on offense. I really think cutting Dangerfield was a mistake, and of course they miss Napheesa.
If I am Napheesa, maybe extend my Maternity leave? :oops:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Aces look like the class of the league. Can a healthy team from Connecticut, Chicago, D.C., or Seattle challenge them??

Mo was playing well before injury. Lou is now a key player for L.A. I'm happy to see both. Gabby looks really good, other than her shooting. I hope she picks that up.

Reaction Score
The Aces look like the class of the league. Can a healthy team from Connecticut, Chicago, D.C., or Seattle challenge them??

Mo was playing well before injury. Lou is now a key player for L.A. I'm happy to see both. Gabby looks really good, other than her shooting. I hope she picks that up.
January looked very good in her second start, with Stewie, Loyd, Gabby, and January, the offense finally had a flow.
Sue when she gets back needs to find some type of rhythm to her shot.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
When did A’ja become third fiddle to Young and Plum? :confused:
Until the last few games they were pretty far ahead of her in PPG. As of now she's third on the team in scoring, though the difference in minimal. The point of my statement was just to highlight how solid Vegas is 1 through 5. Having Wilson/Gray as your #3 and #4 scorers is a rare luxury, and their top 3 scorers are all early MVP candidates and would make All-WNBA teams if the season ended today.

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Bummer to hear about Shepard. Hopefully she's back quick--she's been excellent this year and has gotten herself into great shape. Would love to see her thrive in the league.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just noticing in the Liberty box score, Stef Dolson's very strong game. In 25 minutes :p

16 pts (5-8, 2-3 from 3pts) 4-4 FT's. 8 rebounds (4 OFF) 3 BS, 7 Assists 0 TO's. Of course, Fouls find her. 5 PF's.

Hopefully she keeps this up. Han Xu is a good backup who will only get better

Reaction Score
to me its Vegas and everyone else is playing second fiddle. All they needed was a real head coach and now they have that.

Reaction Score

FANTASY POINTS PER GAME

1.Breanna Stewart SEA40.3
2.A'ja Wilson LVA35.9
3.Sylvia Fowles MIN35.2
4.Jackie Young LVA33.0
5.Alyssa Thomas CON32.9

A'ja is second in the league in rebounding and block shots. Taking in to account all stats, she is only behind Stewart in fantasy points. A'ja is definitely playing at a MVP level. Jackie is playing at a MVP level, but can she keep it up the whole year? I am an Aces fan, so I hope she can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22