WNBA MVP......Parker | The Boneyard

WNBA MVP......Parker

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Congrats to Parker - As I said in another post, I had these two very close if I were among the voters.

Parker has had an edge statistically as far as efficiency and production per 40 mins, and Maya has been playing better as the season wore on, so it figured to be a close race. Certainly some of the recent media buzz had been leaning Maya's way, but it wasn't quite enough....I would not have been displeased had they picked Maya ...:D ...but in watching a number of Sparks games, Parker has shown what she is capable of when healthy. To me she is 1st team all-world. When she and DT are at their best, I believe it's those two and then everybody else. LJ was there too when she was healthy and in her prime a couple of years back. I think Maya is now knocking on that door in her 3rd year.

I'm glad to see Maya so close, and I think she's still on the rise as far as skills, leadership, and pretty much everything. Her day will come! And regardless, what she really wants is another ring more than anything. (And obviously Candace wants her first, very badly). This would have been a nice icing on the cake.

Again, congrats to CP3 ! Now, go get 'em in the playoffs, Maya!!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Woohoo EDD came in third, which I'm shocked it was her and not Fowles, but okay with it. :cool:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Woohoo EDD came in third, which I'm shocked it was her and not Fowles, but okay with it. :cool:

Elena has to be a shoo-in for ROY...You'll get your chance to crow :p

Reaction Score
Parker had a great year. It's only a matter of time for Maya. It's time to go win another championship.
not when my Storm beat them in round 1 (I can dream). I still don't know if I trust this story (not that it is not true) just see no confirmation. whey would they leek the results (+ top 3 exact vote totals)?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno on Diana not finishing in the top 5 of MVP voting:

Geno Auriemma@genoauriemma 10h
Wow Diana Taurasi 30 pts . She was sixth in MVP voting ? Who voted? the woman who did the Mayweather fight?

And gives a special special shout-out to Maya:

@genoauriemma
Best of luck to Maya Moore and the Lynx tonight. Incredible year for such a young player. So proud of you. #BleedBlue

Reaction Score
look I am a Storm fan first but I watch almost every WNBA game on live access (any that have a former husky or a former storm player) and if we are voting only on who is the Most Valuable Player for her team, it is Tina Thompson. who is their 2nd best player? Camille Little? Now I love Little (even have a jersey of her) but she can not single handedly drag a team to the playoffs like Tina did this year.

DT should be right up there as well. Look at Griner who was supposed to get the pressure off D a bit. She has been a disappointment to say the least (she is still great but not dominating the league like most thought) she cant stay healthy and when she is she spends most of the games on the bench with foul trouble . D has once again carried her team

I will not doubt Candace Parker is one of the best in the league (Maybe even the leagues best) but there is one factor I can not get out of my mind. Out of the 14 finalists LA has 3 players. how can you be most valuable to your team if two other players are almost as valuable as you are?
I would have loved to see MM get the nod but she has a great team in front of her as well. In fact I would say that almost every team who got a nom (or at least some MVP votes for their player) would be almost as good if the MVP candidate was injured.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The constant misconception is that MVP goes to the "most valuable" (especially to her team) player.

It goes to the person the voters think performed the best. Value to their team "can" factor into it - you don't often see players from losing teams win an MVP - but in most pro leagues is certainly not the deciding factor.

That's just the way it is. If you truly rewarded players who were most valuable, the results could be shocking (it is also probably somewhat immeasurable). And yes, it would almost certainly be Tina Thompson if the voting was done on that basis.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The constant misconception is that MVP goes to the "most valuable" (especially to her team) player.

It goes to the person the voters think performed the best. Value to their team "can" factor into it - you don't often see players from losing teams win an MVP - but in most pro leagues is certainly not the deciding factor.
Yea, a lot of the MVP awards are really Most Outstanding Players (MOP) awards.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Starting to look like the MVP, ROY and DPY are all going to be facing an 0-1 start in the playoffs unless Chicago can mount a serious comeback.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Parker is an incredible player. She has the best all-around game in the league. You can't really argue with this one although DT and Maya would also be great choices. I think DT hurt her chances with the excessive technicals and game suspensions.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
In a close race like this one was. A case could be made for about six players to win MVP.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So let me think. The player who won the MVP last season and the player who barely finished second in the MVP voting this season played on the same college team. They must have been pretty good. Oh, and the player who finished third in this year's voting almost played on the same collegiate team too. They would have been unbelievably good. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom