WNBA Games on ESPN2, 3, MSG+, TWC SN (Tue. June 14) | The Boneyard

WNBA Games on ESPN2, 3, MSG+, TWC SN (Tue. June 14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There have been some pretty good WNBA games so far this year. Here are five games that are available for viewing (depending on your ISP and package) for Tuesday, June 14 (Flag Day). All time are ET.

upload_2016-6-13_6-54-3.png
Predictions?

Minnesota and LA are undefeated ...do either get upset here. BTW: they play each other on June 21 and June 24.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kiah!!! She dominated the inside, as NY came back in the last 5 minutes to beat Dallas. She had 3 blocks and several defensive intimidations late in the game and also pulled down a big offensive rebound that led to a score and a huge defensive rebound. Meanwhile, Tina was hitting jumpers from everywhere, including 3-4 from distance, and recorded 28 points.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN women just tearing it up tonight. So many alums having good to great games. Just WOW!!!

Reaction Score
Do you think Maya works on this shot at practice?

Everything going right for Maya Moore
(16-7) and the @MinnesotaLynx.
They are a quarter away from history on ESPN2.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do you think Maya works on this shot at practice?

Everything going right for Maya Moore
(16-7) and the @MinnesotaLynx.
They are a quarter away from history on ESPN2.

I think she was trying to balance it on the rim.

Maya was +27 in 25 minutes in the rout of Indy.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Mo Jeff had 19 points in a win over Seattle.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As did Stewie in the loss.

The high scorers for their teams? :D

Stewie had 19 pts but was only 5 of 18 from the floor, 0-4 from three. Her shooting has just not been good lately, and her 3-point shooting has been particularly off. I hope she finds her stroke soon, here in the run-up to Rio.

However, as miserable as her shooting has been, her other stats are quite good, especially her rebounding. In fact, I think her 15-board tally vs San Antonio puts her in first place for the league, at 10.1 rpg.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stewie had 19 pts but was only 5 of 18 from the floor, 0-4 from three. Her shooting has just not been good lately, and her 3-point shooting has been particularly off. I hope she finds her stroke soon, here in the run-up to Rio.

However, as miserable as her shooting has been, her other stats are quite good, especially her rebounding. In fact, I think her 15-board tally vs San Antonio puts her in first place for the league, at 10.1 rpg.
The thing about Stewie is even when the shot is not falling, she's involved in so many other ways. There are players in the league who are "lazy" and do a lot of standing around when they aren't immediately involved in the play. Not so with Sewie (or most of the other UCONN alums). I watched the LA Sparks game last night and Nneka and Alana Beard are 2 other players who have a very high motor and are always involved - 100% effort from each of them as well, so it's not just UCONN alums...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The best player on L.A. right now is Nneka. Damn, she made 23 straight FGAs. Wow!

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
The thing about Stewie is even when the shot is not falling, she's involved in so many other ways. There are players in the league who are "lazy" and do a lot of standing around when they aren't immediately involved in the play. Not so with Sewie (or most of the other UCONN alums). I watched the LA Sparks game last night and Nneka and Alana Beard are 2 other players who have a very high motor and are always involved - 100% effort from each of them as well, so it's not just UCONN alums...

The entire LA and Minnesota teams have high motors. They run the court with ease and are high tempo teams. Neither team has the traditional type of big in the post that needs extra time to get down the court. There's a reason these 2 teams are both undefeated. Their starting line ups are quick on quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom