WNBA Finals Game 3 game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

WNBA Finals Game 3 game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi is the No.1 female basketball player who ever stepped on a court and possibly the top "money" player in the history of the sport of either gender.

It matters not the level she's playing at, from high school, college, pro, or national team competition, she is the player who will bring home the bacon in the biggest games at the most critical times. This has become so routine for her, it is expected.

No player, especially on the female side is remotely in the discussion.

Reaction Score
Game tied. You have Diana and Maya on your team. Who gets the last shot?? We all know the answer. Best player on the planet right now. No question - DIANA!!!

*Raises hand*....Question!...Why so adamant that Diana take the shot...why not Ms. Moore? IYO (in your opinion)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Make no mistake that this is a UConn board, and the UConn fans love Diana and Maya for their superlative talents and efforts in the world of women's basketball, and well because they played for UConn .
Everyone has an opinion over which is the better player, and it is my opinion that you will never get everybody to agree on who takes the last shot or who is the best player of all.

And each with their opinion, some when asked can outline their reasons why, and some just instinctively go for their favorite player. At the end of the day we love our team we love our players and that's that

As for tonight Diana took some really clutch shots and made them. I am glad they gave the ball to her and to no one else. she is MOP

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
First things first congrats to PHX, they were the best team hands down all year in the league, and they played like it every game in the finals.

However, I'm so proud of my Sky, and how they overcame all the injuries and such that they had to deal with to even get to the finals, and it might not have played out as I would have liked...I'm still proud and looking forward to next year which will hopefully be injury free especially for EDD.

Now onto the college season!

RU ready? :p

Reaction Score
*Raises hand*....Question!...Why so adamant that Diana take the shot...why not Ms. Moore? IYO (in your opinion)

Your question is unfair. Phoenix wasn't built to have a top-tier backup center to guard Fowles.

As for Dt vs Maya discussion regarding last shot - I'd go with Dt because she could do more off the dribble and is a better passer which means harder to double. In generality - not all the time- but e Maya is more successful when a play is run for her off a pick in which she is moving and needs someone to deliver her the ball on the move. DT you give her the ball and she'll dribble off a pick-and-roll and will be able to create space off of it easier than Maya.

With all this said Maya is a beast at the defensive end whle being super offensively. She's a thief, a disrupter and an intimidator all because her of her freak athleticism and smarts and energy.
Last shot - give it to DT. Last defense - I want Maya on my defensive squad. They're near even imo. It comes down to preference.

Reaction Score
Sylvia Fowles disappeared for large stretches of the game! If you give Syl DT's heart she'd Kill especially without BG playing but Syl lacks the killer instinct that makes DT the best! The USA team would be better served without Sylvia Fowles! Charles, Dupree, Bonner, Griner, even Dolson have more FIGHT than Fowles!
Syl didn't want to win as much as DT did! She should have dominated in the paint at 6'6"!

Reaction Score
First things first congrats to PHX, they were the best team hands down all year in the league, and they played like it every game in the finals.

However, I'm so proud of my Sky, and how they overcame all the injuries and such that they had to deal with to even get to the finals, and it might not have played out as I would have liked...I'm still proud and looking forward to next year which will hopefully be injury free especially for EDD.

Now onto the college season!

RU ready? :p

EDD is a super star. She played with a bad back and she was clearly the best player on the Sky. Hope she will be on the National team.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Ok....did you watch the game tonight? If so can you tell me how Sylvia Fowles did with BG out of the game?
You ask the question like you don't know. Of course she had her best game. Griner is THE dominating presence in the paint.

Now sure what point you're trying to make by asking that question. We know Phoenix won with DT and without Griner. We don't know a if they would have won without DT and with Griner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom