WNBA Champ 2018- My Prediction... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

WNBA Champ 2018- My Prediction...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Sparks are a long shot. Who knows how Nneka will be which means their only reliable offense comes from Parker and Gray. Sims is a shell of the threat she was a year ago, Beard isn’t an offensive threat, and each of Lavender/Carson/Vadeeva/Williams are very up and down.

Title is Seattle’s to lose. They have 4 excellent players and they play well together. Wouldn’t count out Phoenix either with this recent streak their on.

My prediction is:
R1
Sparks beat Lynx on another Gray buzzer beater
Phoenix easily handles Dallas

R2
Washington beats LA in a close one
Phoenix beats Connecticut again in the 2nd round just like last year

R3
Storm beat Phoenix in 4. If it goes 5, Phoenix wins.
Atlanta beats Washington in 4

R4
Storm/Phoenix beat Atlanta in 3. Dream run out of gas with no Angel.

4/4 so far. Next round should be interesting...Phoenix/Seattle will be a heck of a series.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I'm going with Diana tonight. I hope it doesn't jinx her. Geno will be in attendance.

Good call Milford. Dee was just being Dee. You think she may have been showing off for Geno? :eek: She sent a lot of folks home unhappy and bewildered last night. One and done in the post season for the Sun this year. They had me fooled. I thought they could at least win 1 home game before bowing out. Simply put, this was not the Sun's year. The Mercury has played very well of late. IF they can stay in sync for 2 more weeks, they can win it all. Dee was making it look real easy the last two games.

Dee: "(Dewanna Bonner) came to me in the locker room at halftime and told me to stop being passive," Griner said. "It kind of hit me. I started being more aggressive. Encouraging me and getting on me to go a little harder."

"Seattle is the No. 1 team in the league. Breanna Stewart has had a fantastic season,"
Phoenix coach Sandy Brondello said. "They have a really strong five and good bench that can come in. We haven't played Seattle with the lineup we have. We know it's a five-game series. We'll focus on that first game."

The Sparks shot their wad against the Lynx, then had nothing left for the Mystics after a grueling game that was not decided until late in the 4th quarter, and the long 5 hour cross country flight. They were tired. Nneka and Candace were not 100%.

Parker was the only Sparks player in double figures, the rest of the team was ice cold. Gray, Williams and Ogwumike were a combined 6 for 30 from the field. That's not going to get it done. Meanwhile EVERY starter for the Mystics scored in double figures along with Tierra Hawkins off the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
4/4 so far. Next round should be interesting...Phoenix/Seattle will be a heck of a series.

Congratulations. I was right there with you (3/3) until the Sparks crashed and burned. I though they could take the Mystics. The Lynx and that 5 hour cross country flight that took a lot out of them. By game time yesterday, they had nothing left. I'll bet everyone of them slept on all the way back on the flight to LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom