WNBA all-time leading scorer Diana Taurasi returns to Mercury | The Boneyard

WNBA all-time leading scorer Diana Taurasi returns to Mercury

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
PHOENIX -- Diana Taurasi, the WNBA's all-time leading scorer, signed a multiyear contract to return to the Phoenix Mercury for at least a 19th season in 2023, the team announced Saturday morning.

Taurasi, 40, said Feb. 7 that her intention was to re-sign with the only team she has played for but added that there was a possibility she could end up elsewhere during this round of free agency.

Saturday's announcement ended that speculation. [LINK]

Reaction Score
I am happy for DT.
@Skeets - You should know equestrian is a tough sport. Especially eventing which is the main event highlighted at the Olympics. When I participated (at a much lower level) my mother use to tell people this…. You first have to be a ballerina in partnership with an animal to show off you teamwork. Then, you strap a medical card to your arm and put on a “safety vest” so you can run as fast as you can at solid objects (logs, water obstacles, etc) and hope your partnership with the 1500lbs animal (with a mind of its own) agrees with your judgment. You finish by asking an animal to jump higher then their own body in a perfect balance to not drop any rails while going as fast as you can. That is just as much of a partnership and a sport as basketball.

arch

Reaction Score
I am happy for DT.
@Skeets - You should know equestrian is a tough sport. Especially eventing which is the main event highlighted at the Olympics. When I participated (at a much lower level) my mother use to tell people this…. You first have to be a ballerina in partnership with an animal to show off you teamwork. Then, you strap a medical card to your arm and put on a “safety vest” so you can run as fast as you can at solid objects (logs, water obstacles, etc) and hope your partnership with the 1500lbs animal (with a mind of its own) agrees with your judgment. You finish by asking an animal to jump higher then their own body in a perfect balance to not drop any rails while going as fast as you can. That is just as much of a partnership and a sport as basketball.
Horses play basketball?

Reaction Score
She should team up with Stewie in NY. A good way to end her career.shes not going to win anything on that Phoenix team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She should team up with Stewie in NY. A good way to end her career.shes not going to win anything on that Phoenix team.
I'm thinking she wanted to in PHX for Brittney.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom