WNBA All Star Game...great moments. | The Boneyard

WNBA All Star Game...great moments.

Reaction Score

The 2014 game in Phoenix was a thriller and in my view the most exciting regardless of sport. like all All-Star games defense was left in the locker room and the memories I have of Shoni chimmel continue to amaze me. She was potentially a tremendous asset for the league I'm sorry she wasn't able to resolve the issues of weight and conditioning. This game was her moment however making for one of the greatest All-Star games of all time.

Reaction Score
Conditioning was just the straw that broke the Camels back It was not her only problem. She had a consistency problem as well. She was a streak shooter and when she was not on she still kept shooting. If she had a better BB-IQ or at least more restraint she could still have been a good player conditioning or not. She certainly was a very good passer and with a bit of disipline and dedication, she could have been a similar player to Chelsea Gray. Her weight was just one effect of her lack of self-discipline that began early in her basketball career. In high school, she transferred from school to school. Everyone indulged her because she was so talented and she was never forced to challenge herself to get better in areas of weakness. If you followed the Louisville fan site it was not much better there.

Gray, in contrast, came up in a highly structured and disciplined program during her developmental stage. It set a solid foundation upon which she was later to build her creative play. This is similar to the coaching style that Jordan experienced at NC. Creativity can really flourish when it is launched off of a solid structural foundation in which work ethic is a major factor.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hope there’s another one involving a rookie tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I don't usually read a hard copy newspaper, but somebody gave me the sports section from today's Sunday Arizona Republic, so show me an article. I noticed they devoted a whole page to the WNBA (P.5). I'm impressed with the amount of coverage. 1/2 Page article on the All Star Game, highlighting Griner's dunks (home team player). And 1/2 page on the new WNBA commissioner, the new plans for paying a group of USA pool players to practice and tour during the regular basketball season (instead of playing overseas), etc.

I was also reminded of why I don't read a hard copy paper. There wasn't a single thing in the (football) article that was pointed out to me, or the 2 WNBA articles I read, that I hadn't already seen online - seems like a long time ago (24 hours?). And the newspaper versions were just the cliff notes. Once in a while I'll look at USA Today on an airplane, but now most flights are equipped with wireless. Time to stop killing trees.

Reaction Score
Follow up article. Issues you would not think of. :(

Blurb is misleading. There was never any question of the league providing first class airfare for the players. The Aces offered to provide it, but the league would not permit it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom