WNBA All-Star Ballot Early Returns | The Boneyard

WNBA All-Star Ballot Early Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Chicago Sky rookie Elena Delle Donne leads all players with 16,761 votes following early returns of the 2013 WNBA All-Star Balloting presented by Boost Mobile. Los Angeles Sparks forward Candace Parker, the 2008 WNBA MVP, tops the Western Conference and ranks second overall with 15,623 votes. If Delle Donne, the No. 2 overall selection in the 2013 WNBA Draft presented by State Farm, remains the leader at the conclusion of balloting at midnight ET on July 14, she would be the first WNBA rookie ever to earn the top spot.

I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised by this.

http://www.wnba.com/news/allstar_balloting_early_returns_070213.html

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I still say there will be a statue of Elena in Chicago eventually.

At the WBCA game in NOLA, girls 5-18 flocked to her as if she was the Pied Piper. I'd like to see jersey sales stats. Hers must be at or near the top.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of pleasantly surprised by this.

http://www.wnba.com/news/allstar_balloting_early_returns_070213.html

All star voting, yes.

I still stand by my original statement that she likely will be Rookie of the Year. She is having a bigger impact in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Griner, but BG has stars around her to help carry some of the load. EDD and Prince are clearly leading the Sky.

Proud of EDD.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Griner has been injured most of the season and limited in minutes. It's been difficult for her to have a major impact, although she leads EDD in points-per-40-minutes, rebounds per-40, blocks and FG%. EDD leads BG in several other categories, including Assists and FT shooting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope Cambage makes the West squad. I would love to see BG and Cambage on the court at the same time. Have two 6-8 players ever been on the same team together?

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
All star voting, yes.

I still stand by my original statement that she likely will be Rookie of the Year. She is having a bigger impact in my opinion. Not taking anything away from Griner, but BG has stars around her to help carry some of the load. EDD and Prince are clearly leading the Sky.

Proud of EDD.

don't forget that EDD also has Sylvia Fowles patrolling the paint. Griner only has Taurasi. both players are fantastic, but situations are different, imho.

With that being said, based on stats, i would vote EDD as Rookie of the Year.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
Diggins fourth among all guards???? The hype continues....

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I've voted Kelly Faris as a write in a few times.

I'm sorry, but Kelly is the worst performer on the Sun team right now and does not deserve All-Star votes. I'm sure SHE knows that she doesn't deserve them. I haven't given up on her and would LOVE for her to be a solid contributor, but she's on the edge.

Reaction Score
I thought it then and I think it now... EDD will have a much better career than Griner. Phoenix messed up with their pick... EDD should have been the #1 pick.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Diggins fourth among all guards???? The hype continues....

This is proof that the fans were craving some star power in the WNBA. We need players like Diggins to be visible and supported by the fans. Not to sound cliche, but the league will only survive with players that bring in additional visibility.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
This is proof that the fans were craving some star power in the WNBA. We need players like Diggins to be visible and supported by the fans. Not to sound cliche, but the league will only survive with players that bring in additional visibility.
Does being the worst shooting all-star in history add visibility?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
don't forget that EDD also has Sylvia Fowles patrolling the paint. Griner only has Taurasi. both players are fantastic, but situations are different, imho.

With that being said, based on stats, i would vote EDD as Rookie of the Year.

With BG being limited in minutes due to her knee sprain comparing per-game stats is not a gauge of production. Comparing per-40-minute stats provides a better overview of productivity and opens up a new discussion.

Per-40-Minutes Comparison
BG: 24.23 pts, 9.3 reb, 4.2 bs, 1.4 asst, 2.5 TO, .62 stl, 61.6% FG, 78.6 FT
EDD: 22.65 pts, 7.2 reb, 2.4 bs, 2.4 asst, 1.9 TO, .72 stl, 41.9% FG, 95.2 FT

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Does being the worst shooting all-star in history add visibility?
BG had a nice game last night. EDD and Skylar did not have games to watch. Don't put players in the spotlight prematurely. If new viewers tune in to watch 1-8 and 3-13 shooting, they may not come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom