WNBA 2024 pre-season | Page 18 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2024 pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am glad that we got Courtney Williams here in Minnesota. She is going to be a huge plus for the Lynx. I like Alanna Smith's game. Alissa Pili is going to be a wonderful player in the WNBA. Not her best game. I figure nerves and adjusting to not being that primary option out there, played a part but I hope that she can get some minutes this season.

Reaction Score
Angel Resse had a nice showing. I think Chicago might surprise a lot of people this season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Angel Resse had a nice showing. I think Chicago might surprise a lot of people this season.
Any worries of the juxtaposition of the +/- ratings between the starters of CHI vs MIN ? Or not yet as we're still in pre-season, roster tuning mode?
1714829522162.jpeg

1714829538298.jpeg

Reaction Score
Sure, though I missed where pointing out what Clark did last night has anything to do with Indiana's decisions.

Also, I'm not some random poster.

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — More than three hours before Caitlin Clark made her WNBA debut
with the Indiana Fever in a preseason game against the Dallas Wings on Friday night, some fans
among the sellout crowd were lined up outside the arena dressed in No. 22 University of Iowa
jerseys.

The game sold out all 6,251 seats soon after it was announced on Dallas’ schedule, specifically
requested by Wings president and CEO Greg Bibb after Clark declared in February she would
leave college for the WNBA with one year of eligibility remaining. Indiana won the lottery for
this year’s first pick last December.

Wings President and CEO Greg Bibb - WNBA Executive
You - random poster.

Other WNBA players welcomed her.

“It’s really great that Caitlin’s bringing all this attention to women’s basketball, so I’m really
grateful for that,” Wings center Kalani Brown said.

Indiana will return to College Park Center [Wings] to play twice during the regular season.
The team plays July 17 in the last game before the WNBA’s nearly monthlong Olympic hiatus

Caitlins next stop after July 17? Hopefully Paris!!!

Reaction Score

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — More than three hours before Caitlin Clark made her WNBA debut
with the Indiana Fever in a preseason game against the Dallas Wings on Friday night, some fans
among the sellout crowd were lined up outside the arena dressed in No. 22 University of Iowa
jerseys.

The game sold out all 6,251 seats soon after it was announced on Dallas’ schedule, specifically
requested by Wings president and CEO Greg Bibb after Clark declared in February she would
leave college for the WNBA with one year of eligibility remaining. Indiana won the lottery for
this year’s first pick last December.

Wings President and CEO Greg Bibb - WNBA Executive
You - random poster.

Other WNBA players welcomed her.

“It’s really great that Caitlin’s bringing all this attention to women’s basketball, so I’m really
grateful for that,” Wings center Kalani Brown said.

Indiana will return to College Park Center [Wings] to play twice during the regular season.
The team plays July 17 in the last game before the WNBA’s nearly monthlong Olympic hiatus

Caitlins next stop after July 17? Hopefully Paris!!!

The W ain't ready but they better get ready.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too bad the Dallas team doesn't have a partnership with the Mavericks, then they could possibly move the regular season matchups with Indiana to American Airlines Center. Or at least maybe they could look into using the arena in Fort Worth which is twice the size of the University Center. They could offset the rental cost with the increase in ticket sales.

Sure, though I missed where pointing out what Clark did last night has anything to do with Indiana's decisions.

Also, I'm not some random poster.

We are all random posters.

Reaction Score

Think Coach Reeve has some valid points here. Someone streamed the game on their Twitter account and easily had 20 thousand viewers at one point. Don't know if the WNBA provided an explanation but it seems like they're missing early opportunities to cash in on what happened this past NCAAW season.

Reaction Score
Atlanta Dream made sure everyone got on the floor today. Whoever was monitoring playing time, mad props. Well done.

Reaction Score

Think Coach Reeve has some valid points here. Someone streamed the game on their Twitter account and easily had 20 thousand viewers at one point. Don't know if the WNBA provided an explanation but it seems like they're missing early opportunities to cash in on what happened this past NCAAW season.

The WNBA just two or three steps behind.

Reaction Score

She had some other things to say yesterday too

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think the arenas that seat 4,000-6,000 people are no longer going to work in the W. If you want to be a major league team, you can't play in a minor league arena.

I was just thinking about this earlier in the day. I think 10,000 should be the minimum... 10-12,000 is the sweet spot for arena size in my opinion. DC's arena situation is embarrassing. I really have a problem with Atlanta as well. Arena only seats about 5,000 + the location is located right by the Airport making it difficult for fans in Northern Atlanta/Metro to get to any non-weekend game. They played in Ga Tech's arena which seats about 8,500 and its a nice venue in Midtown. Not sure why they stopped playing there.

Reaction Score
I think the arenas that seat 4,000-6,000 people are no longer going to work in the W. If you want to be a major league team, you can't play in a minor league arena.
If we use the Liberty as an example, being relocated to Brooklyn has made a large difference in attendance. The pre-season game in Edmonton had over 16,000 on hand last night. Maybe somewhere in the 10,000 range like @triaddukefan suggested could work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505-090023_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505-090023_Chrome.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 18

WBBTakeover

Lindsey Harding for Fever head coach
Reaction Score
Just Arike being Arike, sorta like Jewel Loyd, who since Sue retired has turned into Arike Northwest.
Well, it's more than that. The second-best player in the league ran to NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom