WNBA 2018 All Stars - Maya declines captaincy | The Boneyard

WNBA 2018 All Stars - Maya declines captaincy

Reaction Score
Maybe Maya thinks she's unworthy based on the season she's having.
That would be my guess too, especially as it comes right on the heels of the Sun's blow-out win over the Lynx on Sunday, in which Maya scored 5 points during 25 minutes of play.

Would have liked to see her in the role, including her team selections. I have mixed feelings about her decision to decline. On the plus side, it shows humility and a serious commitment to the Lynx and the situation they are in right now. But I hope she's not beating herself up too much over it.

Maya will be back in top form soon. Pretty hard to keep the best baller in the world down for very long.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you read her statement very carefully, it almost sounds like she might withdraw from playing in the game itself. She stated she would still take part in All Star activities, but she was looking forward to experiencing it as a fan. Not saying she would not play, but her statement certainly leaves that on the table. Who knows what reasons she might have and perhaps she has not made a final decision in that respect, but she feels under the circumstances it would not be right for her to pick the team.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Maya Moore, perhaps the Volunteers most hated Husky, relinquishes the captaincy so that Candace Parker, perhaps the Huskies most hated Volunteer, can have a chance? That is delicious on so many levels.

Reaction Score
It's a little puzzling that Moore would turn down the captaincy but still play in the game. Her stats seems to be off a little this year and MN isn't as dominant this season.

Parker and EDD will be good captains and I'm sure Parker will choose a UConn player if they are available and the best option. The WNBA this season appears to be the most balanced I've ever seen it. NY, Indiana, Chicago are probably the weakest teams. Vegas is better than I expected and they are still missing a few pieces. Seattle has been much better and it's good to see Stewart and Loyd start to compliment each other.

Reaction Score
Too much do? She had no idea of the level of responsibilities that were apart of being named captain? Come on, Money Maya. Just pick some players and go ball out! It is about having fun and being a bit competitive. Bragging rights, baby!!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight. Maya Moore, perhaps the Volunteers most hated Husky, relinquishes the captaincy so that Candace Parker, perhaps the Huskies most hated Volunteer, can have a chance? That is delicious on so many levels.

Moore is far from the most hated UCONN alum. I think that title safely belongs to DT.

I find it strange though that she’s turning down picking teams....it shouldn’t take more than 20-30 min and fans voted her in for the spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom