Without summer recruiting, college basketball teams and prospects at a disadvantage | The Boneyard

Without summer recruiting, college basketball teams and prospects at a disadvantage

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello ESPN Staff Writer Aug 20, 2020

This was written looking at recruiting from men's BB point of view. I would imagine this also holds true for the women as well.

"There was some hope of a live period in August, with two coaches from each college staff allowed to travel and watch players, but that was nixed when the NCAA extended its recruiting dead period -- meaning no visits, no in-person evaluations -- until at least the end of August. We don't know what the fall will look like just yet, but the summer has been different for everyone involved in the recruiting business: not only coaches but high school prospects, event operators, sneaker companies and scouting services."

Reaction Score
With todays social networking I believe that any coach of a major college who does not know the best players from Freshman year in High School up probably won't be in coaching after one or two years.

Reaction Score
The MBB team has already filled their 3 open schollies for 2021 with 4 star players. It can be done.

Hurley and the men's team have done a tremendous job, I have a feeling that the dark days of UConn men's basketball are finally behind us. They have their best team in years coming back, they had a tremendous recruiting year, and they are finally moving back to a legitimate basketball conference, they should be a Sweet 16 level team this year and going forward. Really have to take your hat off to Hurley, he has done an amazing job bringing the once storied program back to relevance. He also did it the classy way and didn't run any kids off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom