With Young in the Draft... | The Boneyard

With Young in the Draft...

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
...could Lou be available to the Sun at #9. Could Miller pass on UConn kids two years running? :eek: Stay tuned.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I'm sure she'd like that. I wonder if she makes the squad, does Karlie get waived to make room? Ouch.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm sure she'd like that. I wonder if she makes the squad, does Karlie get waived to make room? Ouch.

I think one of Karlie or Wiese is gone regardless of who they draft. Both barely played last year and are too similar as players.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
One of the most interesting drafts in years coming up on Wed.
It is interesting because usually there are a few players that are clearly lottery locks and I think this year the first round is somewhat homogenized. Durr is certainly worthy of #1 but after that to my eye it is pretty wide open. Whether that is because they are all good or all have question marks I am not going to say.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The #8 pick could have more impact than the #1 or #2 pick. It’s a deep but somewhat puzzling (to me) draft.

Reaction Score
It will depend on teams' needs. There isn't a Breanna Stewart program changing player out there. Durr is a fine player but not a No. 1. I suspect
Lou is thinking Los Angeles and, given WNBA salaries, her parents' basement. Just kidding. They don't have basements in California.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Mock Draft FINAL WNBA Mock Draft

1. Asia Durr – Las Vegas Aces
  2. Teaira McCowan – New York Liberty
  3. Kalani Brown – Indiana Fever
  4. Jackie Young** – Chicago Sky
  5. Napheesa Collier – Dallas Wings
  6. Arike Ogunbowale – Minnesota Lynx
  7. Kristine Anigwe – Los Angeles Sparks
  8. Megan Gustafson – Phoenix Mercury
  9. Katie Lou Samuelson – Connecticut Sun
  10. Xu Han – Washington Mystics
  11. Alanna Smith – Atlanta Dream
  12. Bridget Carleton – Seattle Storm

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I'll be shocked of Karlie makes the team. Really deep rookie class coming and she barely played last year.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Young would be a bad pick at 4 IMO. Sky should be set at 1-3 with Vandersloot, Quigley, Williams and Deshields. Frontcourt desperately needs help. I'd take Collier or Anigwe.

Also don't see Durr going at 1....no room for her there with McBride/Plum/Jefferson manning 1-2 spots. Brown would be a better fit to play alongside Wilson, or Collier would be an ideal choice but I wouldn't take her at 1 since she likely is available as low as 4.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Young would be a bad pick at 4 IMO. Sky should be set at 1-3 with Vandersloot, Quigley, Williams and Deshields. Frontcourt desperately needs help. I'd take Collier or Anigwe.

Disagree. Gimme Jackie as a the third wing rotating with Quigley and DeShields. DeShields and Young as the wing tandem of the future sounds awesome.

Reaction Score

I have a hard time believing that Ezi Magbegor is not a first rounder, and would be even more shocked if Sandy Brondello passes up on the fellow Aussie twice (this blog you linked to has Phoenix taking Sophie Cunningham as the first pick in the second round, Macbegor fifth in second round). Just as shocking might be Phoenix selecting Gustafson at all. Why would they?

Reaction Score
I'll be shocked of Karlie makes the team. Really deep rookie class coming and she barely played last year.

Didn’t they just resign karlie? So was it only resign as a camp invite, because in the past when she was with the sparks it said as a camp invite, this year it just said they resigned her, so I assumed it was a permanent thing? If anybody gets cut I could see it being weise, have they resigned her yet?

Reaction Score
What about the prospect of the entire ND team being drafted? Young is clearly the pick of the litter, and Arike will play somewhere. As for the rest: Turner is too one-dimensional; Mabrey and Shepard too slow and, in Jessica's case, too short to play inside in the WNBA. (You saw how both Cox and Brown snuffed her out.) Arike is a magical player, but her personality may not conflate with success in the pros. Glad they're all gone.
As for the Husky players, I feel sure that 'Pheesa will prosper. In Lou's case, despite her growth in all areas in college, she's going to be seen as a gunner at the next level. Will her fate resemble KML's? I wonder.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

WNBA mock draft: Notre Dame's Jackie Young the new No. 1

Hold on, one more final mock draft has just been released. "Wednesday's WNBA draft could go many different ways. There were several exceptional college players this past season, but all of those who are entering the draft have a question mark attached in regard to how they will adapt to the pro game. That was even the case with Oregon's Sabrina Ionescu, who was originally predicted as the No. 1 draft pick before her announcement Saturday that she will return for her final season with the Ducks.

1554843920958.png

Jackie Young, another draft-eligible junior, made the opposite decision and will leave Notre Dame after three years. She has taken over espnW's No. 1 spot, but keep in mind the possibility of Las Vegas trading the pick. And there is still a chance that Liz Cambage's status -- she does not want to play with Dallas and is still hoping for a trade to Los Angeles -- impacts the draft".

[Article]

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Why are so many people high on Anigwe? I just don’t see it. Give me Gustafson, MacBegor and Shepard over her everyday and twice on Sunday. I see her as this years Mercedes Russell, too tall to ignore, but not a regular rotation player....I also know I have a bias against Cal....I will bring that up at my next therapy session.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom