OT: - With this pause thought it time for fav entree pics? | The Boneyard

OT: With this pause thought it time for fav entree pics?

Reaction Score
Can be gourmet, ethnic, holiday, comfort food, or anything.

Here is my comfort food entree, Quiche Lorraine with a tasty salad. I am a bachelor, so limited skills unless I use Hello Fresh..

comfort food.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh good, pictures of food! I'm 24 hours into no solid food until a colonoscopy tomorrow. I know, TMI.
Well, when you're ready to eat tomorrow, you'll have a personal BoneYard menu from which to choose. Enjoy!

On an equally serious note, I wish you the best of health news all day tomorrow and beyond. To take your mind off the procedure, just think about your next big enjoyable meal...and one! ;)

All the best.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
No matter how hard I try, I can never get the pan hot enough to sear scallops.
Pat scallops dry with a paper towel...use a CAST IRON skillet--heat until skillet is very hot...add salt and pepper to scallops...add oil and butter to skillet...heat both sides of scallops for about 2 minutes(observe carefully), so they don't get overdone.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
on the menu:
french onion soup (no weird cheeses or extra stuff like fried beets).
vegetable salad (a normal salad with normal veggies. no walnuts, craisins, pickled hogs feet, or whatever weirdo thing is in this week).
ice water (not water with ice-a whole different thing).
baked potato, sour cream and butter available.
this!
82beaaa73d253449644cdb4dfb4e6dfc.jpg

or, this!
storming-crabs-1-ac4dc3d95056a34_ac4dc4c7-5056-a348-3a07a36fcc54f640.jpg

then,
chocolate mousse cake with black coffee, and finally,
grappa.

who's doing the inviting, and what time should i be there?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
My wife cooked this prime rib roast for X-mas, and my kids like to take photos of food.

View attachment 72232

View attachment 72233
i see that u have a bag of bowl and basket chips in the pic. iffn those are the kettle chip ones, well, ur kids got a smart pop. not big on chips much, only started to like them when the kettle thing got popular, but those b+b kettles are an absolute steal at around $1.80 a bag. actually, i highly endorse just aboot anything house branded by shoprite. superior values.

sun

Reaction Score
i see that u have a bag of bowl and basket chips in the pic. iffn those are the kettle chip ones, well, ur kids got a smart pop. not big on chips much, only started to like them when the kettle thing got popular, but those b+b kettles are an absolute steal at around $1.80 a bag. actually, i highly endorse just aboot anything house branded by shoprite. superior values.
They're not kettle chips but mom does most of our shopping at Shoprite including the roast.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Pat scallops dry with a paper towel...use a CAST IRON skillet--heat until skillet is very hot...add salt and pepper to scallops...add oil and butter to skillet...heat both sides of scallops for about 2 minutes(observe carefully), so they don't get overdone.

Try sauteing the scallops in butter and lemon juice or (my favorite) butter and bourbon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom