With the 2019-20 regular seasons kicking off this weekend at Gampel Pavilion, there will be some new experiences for fans... | The Boneyard

With the 2019-20 regular seasons kicking off this weekend at Gampel Pavilion, there will be some new experiences for fans...

Reaction Score
With the both the men's and women's 2019-20 regular seasons kicking off this weekend at Gampel Pavilion, there will be some new experiences for fans attending the games – such as getting a close look at the Werth Champions Center lobby, theme nights and new additions at the concession stands, just to name a few.

>>Werth Champions Lobby - The Werth Champions Center lobby will be open to the public for one hour from 90 minutes prior to tip-off until 30 minutes prior for both men's and women's home games at Gampel Pavilion. On Friday, the lobby will be open from 5:30-6:30 p.m. <<

>>Gampel Pavilion Food & Beverage Offerings There are plenty of new additions to the concession stands at Gampel for this upcoming season. The chicken tender portable food truck is now located in the west court area and will be offering a variety of special food selections each game, including chicken tenders, onions, sweet potato fries, and much more. The west court pretzel cart is now located in the West Grill area. The South and West concession stands will be offering pizza cones this season as well. All four main concession stands will also begin selling individually wrapped chocolate chip cookies.

In addition to the variety, concession prices have been reduced at Gampel this season.<<

Other info on traffic patterns/shuttles, security/bag policy and XL info in the link.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think this is all really good stuff to enhance the game day experience for the fans. As far as the Champions Center Lobby, I can’t wait to see that. As a Yankee fan, thats almost like a pre game walk through monument park at Yankee Stadium. Always a good thing when teams do things like that to honor their history. I think that brings all the generations of fans together. Still hard to believe that current Uconn Freshman were only 3-4 years old during our 2004 Championship season.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Two cool photo op ideas for fan engagement. Go viral. Show your school pride. Liven up your arenas. Can #UConn do this? How about 15 oversized Championship trophies too! Be creative! @UConnHuskyAD @UConnMBB @UConnTrademark

5357DD78-870A-4274-89B3-211726A0B986.png

GemParty

Reaction Score
Another cool option UConn could be inspired by for their arenas.

216B1446-1330-4CEF-9D15-AA6398D7357C.jpeg

Reaction Score
Two cool photo op ideas for fan engagement. Go viral. Show your school pride. Liven up your arenas. Can #UConn do this? How about 15 oversized Championship trophies too! Be creative! @UConnHuskyAD @UConnMBB @UConnTrademark

View attachment 47821

I think that’s the idea of the champions center. We have the husky statue... maybe add a a statue of JC and Geno... like the idea

GemParty

Reaction Score
I think that’s the idea of the champions center. We have the husky statue... maybe add a a statue of JC and Geno... like the idea

Love the Werth & campus. I was thinking more the Atrium at XL.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
W TF is a “pizza cone”?
Dunno, but it should be in the pizza thread soon enough.

It's one of those things that is exactly what it sounds like. The dough is the cone and the inside holds the sauce, cheese and toppings. I'd gather about 95%+ of these are undercooked gooey disasters. If done right it's not too far off from a stromboli. Think pizza gyros.

1573095964622.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's one of those things that is exactly what it sounds like. The dough is the cone and the inside holds the sauce, cheese and toppings. I'd gather about 95%+ of these are undercooked gooey disasters. If done right it's not too far off from a stromboli. Think pizza gyros.

The Jerk comes to mind...

And is there a more pathetic food truck concept than "chicken tenders"?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score

View attachment 47832
Its an open ended Hot Pocket

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

View attachment 47832
Hard to imagine the brain storming that led to that monstrosity:

“Lets make pizza harder to cook and more difficult to eat.”

“Okay but only if we can make it scald your lips in addition to the roof of your mouth!”

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
W TF is a “pizza cone”?
Something that should never be publicly acknowledged by any member of this forum who has contrbuted to, or read, the pizza thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom