With Sos leaving a new recruiting coordinator is on the way | The Boneyard

With Sos leaving a new recruiting coordinator is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With Cersosimo leaving the staff...it leaves open the job of recruiting coordinator. I'm interested to see if because the job description has special teams coordinator in it if P will make Buggs RC and take specials away from him. With the job posting opening on 6/21 and closing 6/28 I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he already has someone lined up. One thing I will say about P...outside of GDL the guys he has brought in here have been good coaches (I thought White was out of position)...especially the last 2 guys (Buggs & Weist).

pj

Reaction Score
Since they didn't call for the new coach to have recruiting coordinator skills, presumably someone on the current staff will take over recruiting coordinator -- I'm guessing Jon Wholley, since he's brought a lot of energy to recruiting and the new hire is supposed to take over his local recruiting territory. Or, they will hire a non-coach to be recruiting coordinator. Still haven't heard what our non-coaching recruiting staff will be. SEC schools are hiring 5-6 non-coaching recruiters.

Reaction Score
Thx huskymedic! Geesh didn't see that coming. Hope we get a guy in here soon. We're about 6 weeks away til we officially start preparing for the 2013 season.

Reaction Score
Since they didn't call for the new coach to have recruiting coordinator skills, presumably someone on the current staff will take over recruiting coordinator -- I'm guessing Jon Wholley, since he's brought a lot of energy to recruiting and the new hire is supposed to take over his local recruiting territory. Or, they will hire a non-coach to be recruiting coordinator. Still haven't heard what our non-coaching recruiting staff will be. SEC schools are hiring 5-6 non-coaching recruiters.

In the job posting they are looking for someone with NJ/CT ties... seems they specifically avoided mentioning NY which is Wholley's bailiwick? Thought GDL was the NJ point?

Wholley was RC @ Fordham.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
He's one of 9 I want out of storrs so this is a positive for me. Don't love the timing tho. But ehh...big camp this weekend. 24th can't come soon enough.

Reaction Score
I know this is a shot in the dark...but former pitt/Rutty Asst and current Asst Dbacks coach for Tampa Bay (not dbacks coach..Asst to that coach) Jeff Hafley fits that description to a T

Reaction Score
In the job posting they are looking for someone with NJ/CT ties... seems they specifically avoided mentioning NY which is Wholley's bailiwick? Thought GDL was the NJ point?

Wholley was RC @ Fordham.

Maybe North Jersey and NYC are the same thing as there are really too few targets in NYC to hire a single recruiter!

Reaction Score
I know this is a shot in the dark...but former pitt/Rutty Asst and current Asst Dbacks coach for Tampa Bay (not dbacks coach..Asst to that coach) Jeff Hafley fits that description to a T

@If you guys can get Jeff Hafley you'll be an instant player with Big Time recruits in short order!!Best recruiter ever at RU!!Better than Mds Locksley!!IMO...unfortunately he's not a very good coach but worth his weight in talented recruits and making relationships with bluechip kids!

Reaction Score
1-gdl
2-p
3-evan
4-warde
5-enright
6-feinglass
7-wilcewski
8-sos
9-muncy
You only have Muncy at 9...he and Enright are definitely part of that good ole boys club you talk about all the time. Muncy is the only guy I know of that geta a promotion when he should have been given his walking papers right along with Hathaway!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You only have Muncy at 9...he and Enright are definitely part of that good ole boys club you talk about all the time. Muncy is the only guy I know of that geta a promotion when he should have been given his walking papers right along with Hathaway!!
Dan who are 3, 5 and 7?

Dave Evan. Director of athletics marketing. Been there to long, he's to old. Need I say more marketing wise....

Mike enright. Asc. Director of communications for football. Been there to long. Media relations has been horrible.

Dave w. he is the recruiting ast. He handles the data and visiting. From RE days.

Reaction Score
Dave Evan. Director of athletics marketing. Been there to long, he's to old. Need I say more marketing wise....

Mike enright. Asc. Director of communications for football. Been there to long. Media relations has been horrible.

Dave w. he is the recruiting ast. He handles the data and visiting. From RE days.
Sorry buddy who is number 6 Feinglass?
I agree with you on your list though except for Manuel...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Sorry buddy who is number 6 Feinglass?
I agree with you on your list though except for Manuel...

Evan feignglass. Facilities guy.

Reaction Score
Enright is a clown of epic proportion. I would tell a story about how he embarrassed himself and the university in front of a bunch guests but it's too long. It was one of those moments you sit there in shock looking for the cameras to come out.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Enright is a clown of epic proportion. I would tell a story about how he embarrassed himself and the university in front of a bunch guests but it's too long. It was one of those moments you sit there in shock looking for the cameras to come out.

Now I'm hooked; hopefully you'll write the "Cliff Notes" version for us...

Reaction Score
You hear something like what Jimmy posted, realize these are the people pushing UConn's cause in CR, and come to the conclusion "no wonder we got fugged" in the CR realignment shuffle. Perhaps Herbst should have not stopped at Hathaway.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You hear something like what Jimmy posted, realize these are the people pushing UConn's cause in CR, and come to the conclusion "no wonder we got fugged" in the CR realignment shuffle. Perhaps Herbst should have not stopped at Hathaway.

See you can't say things like this because then your just following my path to h e double hockey sticks.

Reaction Score

Like 100x

Reaction Score
Hafley was exactly who I thought of when I heard the SOS news, but I don't know how much we could offer to convince to him leave a cushy NFL coaching position. He would be a great addition, but it seems to be a reach. I think we need a guy with big PA and Jersey connections.

I agree on Enright, Muncy, and Evanovich. All three need to go. A simple reason is looking at the media guides over the years. It is disgusting the number of typos, misstatements, and proof reading/grammar errors. I have been clamoring about this issue for some time and im glad i am not alone in my sentiments. I would trust the E.O. Smith English teachers to manage that task. It is just that lack of attention to details that shows when the little things aren't done, how can you trust those people to run an athletic department looking at the big picture.

In addition, it does not surprise me that a guy like Evanovich or Enright was being a horses hole when trying to communicate on behalf of UConn. I have been to speaking engagements where they do not representative our university or student athletes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom