With Purdue losing to Rutgers, it's official | The Boneyard

With Purdue losing to Rutgers, it's official

Reaction Score
Purdon't. Ugly game to watch, but it was an exciting ending.

Reaction Score
Hellava quote by Painter, reminded me of us the other night. Once we allowed WV fans to be revived, the game was anybody's. Road team's double digit lead is the kyrptonite (i.e. removes advantage) for home crowds.

"When you go on the road, you gotta be 10 points better than somebody, because if you allow it to be close, crazy things can happen," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "Obviously, that was a once-in-a-lifetime shot, but we allowed it to be close."

Sure we should have won, but its hard playing 6 people on the road.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It was a crazy shot but you had a feeling he might hit it because of the composure he showed on the play - under control the whole time, got the best shot he could, taking the clock all the way down and not shooting before he needed to.

Also that turnaround he hit on the possession before was pretty cold blooded.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
[sarcasm] Fire Hurley & Painter!

Reaction Score
I realize we want everybody to suck because of our injuries and the fact we can't shoot, but most good teams occasionally have an off game. There's a huge difference between that and being exposed for your deficiencies when you start playing better teams. Texas isn't bad but they weren't a #7 team because they hadn't been tested since a loss against Gonzaga. Play tough teams and address your deficiencies. It's a better course than hoping everybody sucks when they play you.

Reaction Score
Obviously we haven’t been thrilled with our non con results, but we should be satisfied that we haven’t lost to any terrible no good teams like Rutgers.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hellava quote by Painter, reminded me of us the other night. Once we allowed WV fans to be revived, the game was anybody's. Road team's double digit lead is the kyrptonite (i.e. removes advantage) for home crowds.

"When you go on the road, you gotta be 10 points better than somebody, because if you allow it to be close, crazy things can happen," Purdue coach Matt Painter said. "Obviously, that was a once-in-a-lifetime shot, but we allowed it to be close."

Sure we should have won, but its hard playing 6 people on the road.
Painterobviously doesn’t know the RAC the hottest sweatiest loudest place on earth

Reaction Score
Harper did almost like a jump stop and then rotated on his pivot when he hit the short j with 13 seconds left. Travel?
Watch Pikiell's reaction when Harper hits it. Calm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom