With every Bracketology..... | The Boneyard

With every Bracketology.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's clear that as long as we beat, PC and Pitt, then win the Tuesday BET game (assuming we'll be there as the 9) we are a LOCK for the tourney.

The bubble is so bad and there are still so many teams below us.

Obviously that's not how we want to go in. But we really have no need to be worried about actually making it in the field.

That being said LETS GO GET CUSE!!!

Reaction Score
While I think that's a very possible scenario, you just never know. Every year, someone who was a "lock" ends up watching the tourney from home. I would like to say we should be able to beat Pitt this year, but this is the Big East, and its been a nutty year. That and Prov has been a pain in the ass in recent years. This team just hasn't gelled, and with coach and Boat out on multiple occasions, the chemistry isn't there. Here's hopin' they've finally turned the corner. They've looked much better in 2 of the last 3.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
It's clear that as long as we beat, PC and Pitt, then win the Tuesday BET game (assuming we'll be there as the 9) we are a LOCK for the tourney.

The bubble is so bad and there are still so many teams below us.

Obviously that's not how we want to go in. But we really have no need to be worried about actually making it in the field.

That being said LETS GO GET CUSE!!!
We're beating 'Cuse tomorrow, then taking down PC and Pitt and getting a top 8 seed in the BE Tourney and an opening round bye!!! We'll see what happens from there. Let's do this!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
the OP is correct

19-11, 9-9, 5 or 6 wins over top 50 RPI, top 25 RPI ourselves and top 1 or so SOS = stone cold lock

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I saw one bracketology a few days ago that I loved (except for the location, which unfortunately would be a given). We were a nine (possibly an eight) seed in the regional where Duke was the one seed (and the first two rounds would be in Greensboro NC).

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The USF/West Virginia game will be interesting.

USF has Cincy, Lousiville and WVU on their schedule. 0-3 and they will look like an ugly 10 win BE team. Not worthy. A win over WVU and WVU looks like an ugly 8-10 BE team. Not Worthy. There's some drama at the end of the bench. After SU, UConn needs 3 wins in a row. And the last time UConn won 3 in a row? December.

Reaction Score
The field this year is so weak. Normally, I'd say the OP is correct. But I think UConn could lose more games and still make it in comfortably. Jay Bilas said it right. We have too many wins against top 50 RPI. We're going to be the first team in if we're on the bubble.

And the bubble is incredibly weak this year.

Now with that said, I hope UConn wins out from here on :)

Reaction Score
I saw one bracketology a few days ago that I loved (except for the location, which unfortunately would be a given). We were a nine (possibly an eight) seed in the regional where Duke was the one seed (and the first two rounds would be in Greensboro NC).

The good thing is that North Carolina usually plays in that same region, meaning the UNC fans stick around to root against Dook. And since UNC has more fans than Dook, the crowd actually turns against them. See last seasons Michigan-Dook game as an example. Crowd was very pro Michigan even though the game wasn't far from Dook's campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom