+/- with Brimah on Floor | The Boneyard

+/- with Brimah on Floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Huge difference tonight - was on the bench for way too long in 2nd half when CF made their run. We are a different team when he stays on the floor. For what its worth we were significantly outscored when Samuel and Nolan were on the floor tonight

Reaction Score
ollie has WAY too short of a leash for brimah. its a bit ridiculous and would be curious to his answer

Reaction Score
Not just AB but Omar also. Not sure why he likes purvis and cassell. They both are horrible shooters.

Reaction Score
Purvis is a better shooter than DHam
Ok he is not horrible except fts. Who would you rather have with the ball in his hands making his own shot? I would rather have dham by far. Purvis can only hit wide open set shots and can't make a ft to save his life. I rather have Omar in there even though his d is worst than purvis.

Reaction Score
Not just AB but Omar also. Not sure why he likes purvis and cassell. They both are horrible shooters.

He's shooting like 38% in his career from 3. He's definitely not horrible.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ok he is not horrible except fts. Who would you rather have with the ball in his hands making his own shot? I would rather have dham by far. Purvis can only hit wide open set shots and can't make a ft to save his life. I rather have Omar in there even though his d is worst than purvis.

DHam is a much better overall player than Purvis.

Purvis is literally shooting himself out of the lineup when games matter. 4-17 FT's and only 50% for the year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
James said:
ollie has WAY too short of a leash for brimah. its a bit ridiculous and would be curious to his answer

Guy fouled out in 9 ( yes single digit 9) minutes last game, what's KO supposed to do?

Reaction Score
You pull your player if they have two fouls not one, that's basketball. Anything else is strange

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You pull your player if they have two fouls not one, that's basketball. Anything else is strange

I think the idea was to prevent him from getting #2 too quickly. Still a bit excessive though.

Reaction Score
tbh I don't think Brimah was himself tonight. Sat on the bench for a while, seen hobbling once or twice, and just from the eye test didn't look quite as explosive imo

Reaction Score
James said:

For a guard, sure - or a big that has shown the ability to avoid foul trouble. For someone like Brimah, you kind of have to do it. Jake - who also got in foul trouble a lot - picked up his first a minute into the game against Elton Brand, and Souleymane Wane checked in right away (Okafor, who was usually very smart and avoided foul trouble, was trusted to stay in but got his second anyway).

I think most of us would agree that Brimah wouldn't play again the rest of the half as soon as he picks up his second. Too easy for him to get his third. So if he gets #1 in the first couple minutes, you risk making him sit for 16+ minutes straight if he picks up his second right away. By pulling him, you allow yourself to keep him in your rotation.

You also give him a chance to see how the game is being called (ie are they looking at moving screens, showing a tight whistle on fighting for position on the low block, rebounding fouls, etc.) and ideally he can adjust to that when he comes back.

Reaction Score
Brimah had only 2 fouls tonight yet played only 20 minutes - thats crazy - should be playing at least 28 min a game when he is not in foul trouble - he is an amazing shape and can run all day - he has the best aerobic endurance on the team

Reaction Score
SaeHusky said:
Brimah had only 2 fouls tonight yet played only 20 minutes - thats crazy - should be playing at least 28 min a game when he is not in foul trouble - he is an amazing shape and can run all day - he has the best aerobic endurance on the team

We were actually confused on this in the chat room. He sat the last 10 minutes of the 1H after what we thought was his second foul, but it was only his first. There was an earlier "and one" by McBride four minutes in that looked like it was a soft foul on Brimah, but according to the play by play, Boat got that one. If I'm bored tomorrow, I'll watch the replay and see if Boat was in that play reaching in.

So either he sat the last 10 because of his minor ankle injury (figuring why risk it while we have a big lead) or the coaches thought he had two fouls as well. We'll probably never know. Does seem odd we would leave him there with one foul while UCF was making a run.

Reaction Score
DHam is a much better overall player than Purvis.

Purvis is literally shooting himself out of the lineup when games matter. 4-17 FT's and only 50% for the year.
I think Purvis has a decent shot of shooting better from 3 than the free throw line.

Reaction Score
tbh I don't think Brimah was himself tonight. Sat on the bench for a while, seen hobbling once or twice, and just from the eye test didn't look quite as explosive imo

Not sure if you've never played the game or maybe only play as a guard, but for a tall think lanky guy like Brimah to try to body up a guy 100lbs heavier in McBride, it really wears you down. I've been there done that as the lanky guy and it is no picnic, but Brimah did fine. I kind of expected him to be thrown around like Thabeet vs Blair, but he played alright (and McBride is no DeJuan Blair). But the constant banging in the paint really takes it out of you, I could honestly see Ollie wanting Brimah to get a taste of that so he's ready for it when he inevitably faces it again, but not wanting to risk him getting hurt or wearing down too much.

Reaction Score
I keep it simple and look at numbers. He shoots at a higher clip in every way: free throws, and from beyond and within 3. If he's making wide open shots, isn't he the one who found those wide open spots? Is that not part of being a good shooter? Maybe DHam should find/take more wide open shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom