"With bowl game out of reach, what becomes UConn's focus?" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"With bowl game out of reach, what becomes UConn's focus?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As with every employee, Bobby D will be getting a performance review. Areas in which he has:
1. Exceeded expectations - creating new culture, apparent improvement in recruiting, improvement in strength and conditioning. grades and commitment to academics
2. Met expectations - alumni and former player relations, community involvement (nothing special in either areas)
3. Needs improvement - wins and losses (obviously), external and media relations and by that I mean I have no freakin clue what he's saying half the time, in-game management (timeouts, getting plays in, getting people work from the right hash etc.)

In my firm he would get a 3 out of 5 (met expectations) but would be borderline 4 (PIP). He should be getting strong messaging from Warde IMO but is not yet ready for a formal PIP

In my ideal performance review, the assessment would finish in an old fashioned honest to goodness classroom, with Bobby D staying inside when the other coaches at UCONN get to go outside for recess, and with Bobby D with a full size piece of chalk in hand, and instructions to write the following in perfect cursive 500 times:

"I will not rotate multiple quarterbacks when coaching offense."

Reaction Score
Exceeded expectations-- None.

Met expectations -- No scandals or arrests.

Needs improvement. Wins. Use of personnel. Overall level of play.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As with every employee, Bobby D will be getting a performance review. Areas in which he has:
1. Exceeded expectations - creating new culture, apparent improvement in recruiting, improvement in strength and conditioning. grades and commitment to academics
2. Met expectations - alumni and former player relations, community involvement (nothing special in either areas)
3. Needs improvement - wins and losses (obviously), external and media relations and by that I mean I have no freakin clue what he's saying half the time, in-game management (timeouts, getting plays in, getting people work from the right hash etc.)

In my firm he would get a 3 out of 5 (met expectations) but would be borderline 4 (PIP). He should be getting strong messaging from Warde IMO but is not yet ready for a formal PIP

In my former firms, 1st years were never PIP'ed, because, well they were 1st years!

I'm interesting in your rating system though.

Does Diaco get a meets expectations in those areas because he has no involvement in those areas? Shouldn't they be an N/A at worst? Alumni and former player relations outside the Coaches Show and maybe the occasional Middlecoitus Chamber of Commerce breakfast are arranged by Athletic department personnel and school administration who do not coach a team.

Do you know for a fact that Diaco prohibited former players from the sidelines or practice? Was he expected to give a phone call invitation to every one of Jazz's 2009 teammates?

I don't know about you but I thought the periodic video updates on NLI day were pretty entertaining. He could have forbade the AV Club (i.e. Husky All-Access) from the football offices. He could have shunned the Huskywalk. He could have made the Spring game as painful as the past regimes, but he did not. Maybe Diaco owes you a 180 review.

Reaction Score
Ha!

He wrote: "Middlecoitus"

HaHAHA

Pssst. Fellas, there are 3 games still to play. Let's save the formal performance reviews for when they are appropriate - post season. Diaco needs to have his knuckles rapped real hard by the cane of the meanest nun penguin in school for overseeing the construction of this offensive system that's been put together for 2014, because it's cost us the opportunity for a post season, that nobody is telling me was unrealistic given the level of opponent on our schedule this season, but he's passed the major test so far, and that's at least remaining consistent to his long term plan.

Let's see what happens Sat night.

Reaction Score
In my former firms, 1st years were never PIP'ed, because, well they were 1st years!

I'm interesting in your rating system though. - I said he wouldn't get PIP'd but would receive strong messaging

Does Diaco get a meets expectations in those areas because he has no involvement in those areas? Shouldn't they be an N/A at worst? Alumni and former player relations outside the Coaches Show and maybe the occasional Middlecoitus Chamber of Commerce breakfast are arranged by Athletic department personnel and school administration who do not coach a team. - Meets because he hasn't done anything new or innovative in these areas and hasn't screwed them up

Do you know for a fact that Diaco prohibited former players from the sidelines or practice? Was he expected to give a phone call invitation to every one of Jazz's 2009 teammates? - I have no idea what you're talking about here. Never mentioned in my post

I don't know about you but I thought the periodic video updates on NLI day were pretty entertaining. He could have forbade the AV Club (i.e. Husky All-Access) from the football offices. He could have shunned the Huskywalk. He could have made the Spring game as painful as the past regimes, but he did not. Maybe Diaco owes you a 180 review. - Video updates were ok. Spring game was Edsall era quality. If Diaco gave me a review I would simply tell him that I inherited a mess, love the people on my teams, that we are a process organization, that we are like a bunch of small babies trying to lift a barbell (see what I did there), that when I had a chance to close a big deal I instead opted for a smaller deal cause I wanted to give my junior staff experience in the sales cycle and that often times members of my team are not at the table because of lower frontal lobe issues that do not allow them to perform at the level I need them to. Think that would get me a 1 don't you?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ha!

He wrote: "Middlecoitus"

HaHAHA
I truly only wanted to see if the profanity filter would sensor it. :D Who's not up for some juvenile humor on a Wednesday afternoon?

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score

So he meets expectations because he did not do anything in areas over which he has little or no control, and those who do act in that capacity didn't make him look bad. Got it...I think.

Reaction Score
So he meets expectations because he did not do anything in areas over which he has little or no control, and those who do act in that capacity didn't make him look bad. Got it...I think.
Isn't that the very definition of meeting expectations. He didn't knock it out of the park and didn't screw it up. He showed up and did an adequate job? Jeez

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
He's used up his honeymoon. Bowl game next season, no excuses.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Isn't that the very definition of meeting expectations. He didn't knock it out of the park and didn't screw it up. He showed up and did an adequate job? Jeez
If someone tried to rate me on something over which I had no control, I'd do everything in my power to have that person PIP'ed.

That's like saying: sales are down, let's fire the mail room attendant.

If you want to critique some of his game management, his personnel decisions, or his inconsistency in game plan, play calling, have at it. But as far as I'm concerned, Diaco has knocked it out of the park when it comes to public relations and trying to get the program viewed in a positive light again.

Reaction Score
My point was that both Rhule and Fuentes went through a tough first season before they subsequently succeeded. In Fuentes' case his win loss record regressed from his 1st (function of changing conferences notwithstanding.).

Obviously, I wish it manifested itself quicker, but I don't think that improvement on the scoreboard is far off.

coachingsearch Nov 17, 4:18pm via TweetDeck
Justin Fuente explains the biggest key to Memphis’ turnaround. Post original url/1uzZVDI Tigers are 7-3 and tied for 1st in AAC.

>>“The biggest thing is we’re a much less selfish group than we were a year ago,” Fuente said. “It doesn’t mean we’re always perfect or always do things the right way and play great, but as a team, we have a tighter group than maybe we had in the past. A group that is truly just interested in getting the job done and not really concerned about who does or doesn’t get the credit for it. When I watch us practice or interact, that’s the feeling I get. There’s a lot more selflessness that’s going on in our program than maybe in the past.”

As for where that selflessness has come from, Fuente said it has been an increased emphasis from the coaches, but it comes down to team leadership.

“The coaching staff has done a good job of highlighting those things and driving that point home, but the credit goes to the kids for listening,” Fuente said. “I think they’ve acknowledged that that’s very important. They understand it’s an important part of successful teams and have embraced that aspect of it. We’ve made it a huge emphasis, and the kids have listened. Then we’ve had good leadership, a good group of seniors that have been through a lot of rough times and are really hungry to do things the right way. They’ve set an example for the younger kids.”<<

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
BREAKING NEWS! UCONN was projected to finish 9th in the conference in the beginning of the year! Last I checked my 1 yr old grandson cannot lift a coffee table!
Neither could the football players before Diaco got here.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I'm still in awe of that cr@p I read earlier on. Unreal.
chap-book-dummies.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69