Wish RJ had 1 more year | The Boneyard

Wish RJ had 1 more year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really enjoy watching this kid and wish he had a chance to play in the NCAA tourney in a UCONN uniform

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Agreed. He gets to the rim. I'm not sure he's taken a jump shot yet in 3 games.

Reaction Score
I love how he moves without the ball, cutting to the basket for easy layups

Also, the fact that he played significant minutes for Holy Cross(which was no slouchy competition) over a long period of time, allows him to bring a level of maturity and mental toughness to our lineup that should never be underestimated.

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE BOBCATS!!!

H

Husk-E

Yeah, agree for multiple reasons.
1. He's a great kid and it really kills me not to see him get a chance in the tourney
2. He is so mature, he just brings an unexplainable presence to the team which you just can not replace.
3. He knows how to get to the basket and I think that one more year with Ollie, and the level of competition and playing time he's been getting, he could be great.
4. And lastly, it would give him a better shot at having a great season and possibly going late in the draft, or going undrafted and possibly making a roster to do what he loves.
I'm gonna miss you next year RJ and I'm sure everyone else here feels the same.

Reaction Score
Yeah, agree for multiple reasons.
1. He's a great kid and it really kills me not to see him get a chance in the tourney
2. He is so mature, he just brings an unexplainable presence to the team which you just can not replace.
3. He knows how to get to the basket and I think that one more year with Ollie, and the level of competition and playing time he's been getting, he could be great.
4. And lastly, it would give him a better shot at having a great season and possibly going late in the draft, or going undrafted and possibly making a roster to do what he loves.
I'm gonna miss you next year RJ and I'm sure everyone else here feels the same.

Good points......really good kid, hard working and a kid who respects putting on the UCONN jersey everytime he suits up for a game. The maturity is beautiful to watch and the confidence going to the basket despite not being tall or a high flyer is just really cool. No worries for him just goes about his business and expects he'll get it done.

As far as "late in the draft, or going undrafted..." this is not happening. Love this kid but there are too many RJ's out there and they need to possess long range shooting ability to go along with just being a smart basketball player.....what he does for us now unfortunately is not happening next level but that does not take away how impressed we are of his game. I hope he continues to shine and the Huskies play at ahigh level so he can show his skills and play overseas..........he's just a damn good basketball player!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom