Wisconsin just got completely jobbed | The Boneyard

Wisconsin just got completely jobbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
QB was centering the ball to allow for a potentially game winning field goal from the middle of the field and for some reason placed the ball down instead of taking a knee. A defensive guy just laid down on the ball until a ref finally made him get off it to place the ball (should have been delay of game penalty or the refs should have called a referee time out to determine it if was ruled a loose ball or not) and Wiscy ends up not being able to spike the ball to stop the clock. ASU wins.

The refs just ran off the field after it was over like they were running away from the whole thing. Just a horrible horrible horrible way for a game to end. I don't even like Wisconsin but that just plain sucks.

Reaction Score
QB was centering the ball to allow for a potentially game winning field goal from the middle of the field and for some reason placed the ball down instead of taking a knee. A defensive guy just laid down on the ball until a ref finally made him get off it to place the ball (should have been delay of game penalty or the refs should have called a referee time out to determine it if was ruled a loose ball or not) and Wiscy ends up not being able to spike the ball to stop the clock. ASU wins.

The refs just ran off the field after it was over like they were running away from the whole thing. Just a horrible horrible horrible way for a game to end. I don't even like Wisconsin but that just plain sucks.

The officiating is the absolute worse in the college game and its going to continue. Its one thing to miss a call, but to not even know the rules is unacceptable especially with todays technology of instant replay, and people think the NFL officiating is bad.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I thought the same thing as I saw the end of that one. Is there anything that can be done, by perhaps protesting it? I think I know the answer to my question. It really was a travesty...

Reaction Score
looking at the video here the qb actually doesnt go down its kind of confusing but nonetheless the officiating is still a steaming pile of dog .

Reaction Score
That is a fumble in my eyes. He didn't spike the ball or take a knee. He placed the ball on the ground, which is a fumble. No hose job here, just a poor decision by the QB.

Reaction Score
That is a fumble in my eyes. He didn't spike the ball or take a knee. He placed the ball on the ground, which is a fumble. No hose job here, just a poor decision by the QB.

When you place the ball on the ground, you are down where the ball hit the ground by rule.

Reaction Score

It was hard to see, but after seeing all the videos and pics out there this morning, his knee did hit the ground. What obscures it all is the fact that he and the lineman bumped into each other. Still, the whole thing is amazing, from the fact that they couldn't correctly execute a kneel down to the ineptitude and total indecision of the officials.

Reaction Score
It was only going to be about a 30 yd kick why the big fuss over centering?

Reaction Score
looking at it closer his knee did touch but the ref blew the play dead anyways then the ASU lineman falls on the ball which definitely should have been a delay of game. Wisconsin made the mistake of putting the game in the hands of the ref, just kick the damn fg maybe take a shot at the end zone.

Reaction Score
I do not care about either team; but, the fact that the refs ran off the field without reviewing or even consulting each other is ridiculous. Looks like the refs were just afraid of getting run over by ASU players and fans (which in itself is an issue).

As for the call, a picture does say a thousand words.

Attachments

• UW wisc.jpg
    UW wisc.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 46
Reaction Score
looking at it closer his knee did touch but the ref blew the play dead anyways then the ASU lineman falls on the ball which definitely should have been a delay of game. Wisconsin made the mistake of putting the game in the hands of the ref, just kick the damn fg maybe take a shot at the end zone.

I'm not sure I agree about the delay of game part. It was hard to see and I would imagine the kid saw a ball down on the ground and thought it was a fumble. Unfortunately the officials did nothing to make anything clear to anyone.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It was only going to be about a 30 yd kick why the big fuss over centering?

Any UConn fan knows the reason for this. A ball on the hashmark upclose makes for a much tougher angle. I have seen countless FG attempts hook wide because the kicker overcompensates for the angle. Center the ball and it's basically an extra point. The guy was too stupid to take a knee? Tough.

Reaction Score
Have to give ASU defense props for playing the situation very well. Outsmarted Wisconsin's offense.

Reaction Score
Looking at the full reply, the biggest mistake was that the ref ran off the field before consulting with each other, the coaches, and reply officials. That alone gives Wisconsin an argument to protest the game.

As for ASU defense outsmarting UW, more like outsmarting the zebras.

Couple of observations.

· 16 Seconds - QB appears to kneel, remember intent is all that is needed in college football

· 15 Seconds - An official blows the whistle (can’t tell who) and marks the play’s end

· 12 Seconds - ASU players dog pile on the ball

· 11 Seconds - Referee (whitecap) points down indicating that the ball was down, not a fumble (at that point, as ASU players are acting as it is a fumble although the play has ended, clock should have been stopped to allow the refs to sort it out

· 4 Seconds – ASU players finally are off the football (border line delay of game)

· 3 Seconds - ASU player #31 bends over in the neutral zone to fix his sock, preventing UW players from lining-up, that is where I would have flagged ASU for delay of game and stopped the clock if I had not already stopped it before

· 0 Second – Referees run off the field without conferring with each other, the coaches, etc.

Overall, it took 16 seconds to re-set the play, unacceptable at any level.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

I had to watch it a dozen times to see that his right knee did hit the ground. I can understand how the refs could have missed it, but I don't understand why they didn't stick around to review the tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom