Wisconsin Coach To WBB: "Get your butt in the gym!" | The Boneyard

Wisconsin Coach To WBB: "Get your butt in the gym!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
That is a GREAT rant. She's speaking nothing but the truth.

"You can't nap your way to being a great shooter"

"Women's basketball can you hear me? ... We got people throwing the ball over the basket. Nobody wants to watch that. I DONT!"

The sport needs this rant.

I'm tweeting this to Dawn. Maybe she'll show the team.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Preach!!!

And as someone who teaches at the college level, kids today are tethered to their cell phones. I ask my class for 2 hours 3 x per week to leave their phones in their backpacks and out of sight..

Such a simple concept but inevitably have one student each class that can't. I usually get the same excuse "I didn't realize I had it"

Students are on them so much they don't realize that they are looking at it.

When I dismiss class all 25 reach for their phones. I just laugh at them.

Last edited:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Preach Bobbie preach! And I need an amen from another 500 WBB coaches.
Amen! Somebody call Tennessee... I just found their new coach! J/K they can keep Holly...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Lol... I appreciate the rant... especially from a coach with her record. :eek:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
She has the mindset... and if there is a will there is a way. I'm sure there is at least one kid out there that heard or saw this and might not be great but would play for this woman because she "gets it".

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

Wisconsin has played a tough schedule in a tough conference. Maybe her record sucks because her players don't spend enough time in the gym.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great find!
And while we call it a rant, I loved her calmness in delivering it. Not yelling, not calling out anyone in particular, just a calm, passionate statement of 'facts'.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And an interesting resume - last stop as an assistant to Tara at Stanford, and as a player on the 1992 championship team and a two year team captain.

Reaction Score
WOW!!!.....WCBB is very difficult to watch most games. Even UCONN The other teams are so bad and have zero idea what to do or how to score...The WCBB game's BB IQ is very low and we need more coaches who are not afraid to get in peoples faces including the AD and Presidents....GO Wisc.

Reaction Score
Terrific and true.

I've said this before but I think it bears repeating- young players (male & female) don't have the fundamentals that previous generations did. That's not entirely their fault, fundamentals have to be taught and reinforced & IMO they aren't, not to the extent they should be.

Her fellow coaches should take her comments to heart. Women's college basketball is fast becoming as unwatchable as the men's game. And don't get me started on the NBA....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And an interesting resume - last stop as an assistant to Tara at Stanford, and as a player on the 1992 championship team and a two year team captain.
Next big time program with an opening should have her on speed dial.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Terrific and true.

I've said this before but I think it bears repeating- young players (male & female) don't have the fundamentals that previous generations did. That's not entirely their fault, fundamentals have to be taught and reinforced & IMO they aren't, not to the extent they should be.

Her fellow coaches should take her comments to heart. Women's college basketball is fast becoming as unwatchable as the men's game. And don't get me started on the NBA....
Oh man, the Warriors and the Spurs would beg to differ. That is some goooooood basketball that those teams are playing. Overall I find the NBA much more watchable than it was 10 years ago.

Reaction Score

She's a Stanford graduate? I'm hoping against hope, then, that her terrible grammar is an affect.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Who are the two players she refers to at the end? Romeo and Bauman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom