Wisconsin Coach To WBB: "Get your butt in the gym!" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Wisconsin Coach To WBB: "Get your butt in the gym!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't make the mistake of associating dialect or vernacular with intelligence.

I didn't. I'm a retired college professor; I know better, thank you. Grammar, however, is often a reflection of what kind of education one has obtained. Since Stanford is one of the best academic universities in the nation, I was surprised to hear a graduate of that institution show no spoken evidence of having attended such a fine institution. As I said in my original post, I'm hoping it was "affect". That would be a reasonable guess, or she wouldn't be coaching in one of the finest academic institutions in the Big 10. It's not a big deal, however; it was just surprising to hear.

Reaction Score
Don't make the mistake of associating dialect or vernacular with intelligence.
Agree. I didn't hear anything that made me think, "She went to Stanford??" Thought she sounded very articulate and intelligent.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Who are the two players she refers to at the end? Romeo and Bauman?

Nicole Bauman. No idea who the Romeo girl is. Could be a team/fan nickname.

I only know of Nicole Bauman because she shot 8 or 9 threes last year vs. Ohio State and played the entire 40 minutes. It was a crazy game. She actually outplayed Kelsey Mitchell. Bauman was pretty much unstoppable in that game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Romeo is the Nebraska player that hit a bunch of 3's against them. I didn't watch the rant, since y'all summarized it so nice, but I went to the page and there was a video of Romeo.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Preach!!!

And as someone who teaches at the college level, kids today are tethered to their cell phones. I ask my class for 2 hours 3 x per week to leave their phones in their backpacks and out of sight..

Such a simple concept but inevitably have one student each class that can't. I usually get the same excuse "I didn't realize I had it"

Students are on them so much they don't realize that they are looking at it.

When I dismiss class all 25 reach for their phones. I just laugh at them.
My wife and I audited a college class a few years ago. All the others were undergrads. Essentially all of them had one device or another on all the time and we could see they weren't catching up on homework. The prof announced during the first class that that behavior wouldn't be accepted and proceeded to do nothing about it the whole semester. This was a 54 grand a year private university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom