Winter hiking in northeast? | The Boneyard

Winter hiking in northeast?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I've done the typical fall hikes in Minnewasaka, Mohonk, Delaware Water Gap, Bash Fish Falls, etc.

Any advice for winter hikes? I haven't tried snow shoeing but was thinking would be nice to hike where there is a covering of a little snow but not too much....

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I have a couple of family members who do winter hiking (and technically, some of the NH mtns have been snow hiking in the higher elevations for over a month). But just to be clear, it sounds like you're looking for low elevation trails - snowshoes are not the footwear of choice for winter hiking. You'd want crampons for hiking in snow. Really depends on where you're looking to go. If you're looking close to Bash Bish, Mt. Race has a trail to the waterfall there that has some somewhat significant elevation gains and you also have Mt Washington linked by the AT (2300 ft+ elevation). I live in the Boston area and we have Blue Hills, with just 600 ft peaks but views of boston and depending on your age and trail selection you can get away without crampons, even in snow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom