Wins for Geno | The Boneyard

Wins for Geno

Reaction Score
So if Geno is onboard until 2025 and if that is when he retires ( hope he won't) what will be his win/loss record?

Reaction Score
At the end of the 2020-21 season his record was 1119 wins and 144 losses. With four more seasons of 39 games and 1 loss per season he would gain 152 more wins and 4 losses, bringing his record to 1271 and 148, for a winning percentage of 89.6%. To get to 90% he would need another season.

Reaction Score
At the end of the 2020-21 season his record was 1119 wins and 144 losses. With four more seasons of 39 games and 1 loss per season he would gain 152 more wins and 4 losses, bringing his record to 1271 and 148, for a winning percentage of 89.6%. To get to 90% he would need another season.
Or less losses I’m guessing

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And his most recent extension includes 2 option years, so he could realistically be coaching thru 2027...

Reaction Score
Didn't know about the option years but really only 1 loss a year isn't possible....is it?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Who will end up #1 in wins, Geno or Tara?
It will likely come down to which one hangs around the longest. Right now they are separated by 6 wins coaching at 2 of the premier programs in the country, where they are likely to win 30+ games each and every year they coach.

One extra year for either Tara or Geno will likely make them #1 all time. If I had to guess, I would guess that Tara hangs around longer than Geno.

Reaction Score
Tara will most likely be losing some games in the strong Pac 12 while Geno and Company will breeze through the Big East. So he will pickup some games on Tara that way. Even though we schedule really tough out of conference games each year, I dont see us losing many in the next 4 years.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Didn't know about the option years but really only 1 loss a year isn't possible....is it?
Yes it is. Remember we only lost 1 game in 2014 at Stanford. Much to our delight, they ran the table the rest of the season. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes it is. Remember we only lost 1 game Stewie’s freshman year, @ Stanford in 2014. Much to our delight, they ran the table the rest of the season. :)
That was the second game of Stewie's junior year following a 40-0 season, dual national championships, and Stef and Bria's senior season.

Reaction Score
Tara will most likely be losing some games in the strong Pac 12 while Geno and Company will breeze through the Big East. So he will pickup some games on Tara that way. Even though we schedule really tough out of conference games each year, I dont see us losing many in the next 4 years.
Yes, but if you ever watched a Colorado game you would see Tara’s 94 year old mother in the stands. This might be a case of genes, not Geno. Sorry.

Reaction Score
Who will end up #1 in wins, Geno or Tara?
They both have strong teams for the next four years but PAC-12 is a tougher conference and they both take their chances in non-conference play. Geno has no competition in the Big East. So, probabilities would seem to indicate Geno will edge Tara for these four years, covering his current deficit. After that, who ever doesn't retire earlier will prevail.

Reaction Score
Tara's coached 42 years, and Geno's coached 36 years. Who will have the most wins per season is a fair comparison.

Reaction Score
Actually, if you want a good indicator, all you need is the career winning percentage. That would be the best measure, never mind the other, finer indicators of career accomplishments: number of undefeated seasons, etc., etc.

But the record books always point to the total number of wins. It is a measure of both success and longevity.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know, if Tara ends up with more total wins and Geno adds another four or five national championships, I think I am fine with that, but that’s just me.

Carnac

Reaction Score
That was the second game of Stewie's junior year following a 40-0 season, dual national championships, and Stef and Bria's senior season.
Correction made, thanks.

Reaction Score
So if Geno is onboard until 2025 and if that is when he retires ( hope he won't) what will be his win/loss record?
1250-146; hopefully with 4 more NC's to push his (&CD's) total to 15....

Reaction Score
You know, if Tara ends up with more total wins and Geno adds another four or five national championships, I think I am fine with that, but that’s just me.
Come, come - not just you, certainly.....that, after all, is the object of the game: win championships. John Wooden cared more about an effective and playing a certain way (the purity of the game) AND winning championships than total career victories. Geno shows every indication of being of the same mind. It is no coincidence they lead in NCs won.

So, bring on more championships AND undefeated seasons. I will take them any time....over longevity.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great poll question: If he could only have one, which record would you like to see Geno retire with, the most career coaching wins, or the most national championships won? There’s a good chance he’ll retire with both. Put me down for the most championships. I’d like for him to round it off at 15. :D

Reaction Score
Great poll question: If he could only have one, which record would you like to see Geno retire with, the most career coaching wins, or the most national championships won? There’s a good chance he’ll retire with both. Put me down for the most championships. I’d like for him to round it off at 15. :D
I would say wins because he already has the other one locked up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd go for natties for sure, but the question was tongue-in-cheek since he is unlikely to lose most national championships. Geno's legacy as the great college basketball coach of all time is fairly well etched in stone. Whether or not he ends up with the most wins isn't all that meaningful to me. I suspect it isn't to him either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom