Wins and Losses from now on | The Boneyard

Wins and Losses from now on

Reaction Score
What a frustrating season of close game losses and heartbreaks. I’m still hopeful that we can make a nice run and possibly win this lousy conference tournament, but 2020 from now on is about improvement and landing a real center.... and maybe another combo guard if we have room. Chief and staff are out there grinding every day and the future is bright. Frustrating to waste a special talent like bouk on nights like these but the excitement is building (along with the heartbreaking losses we are enduring)

Reaction Score
Chief out their grinding?? Now that put a smile on my face after a tough loss. One of the better jokes I’ve heard in a while actually. Well done!

Reaction Score
Last 7 are all winnable. No one expected a win so people gotta stop expecting one after the fact.
We have at least 8 games left when you count the first game of the AAC Tournament. USF, UCF, at ECU, and at Tulane should be penciled in as wins. That would put us at 17 wins, and I think we should be able to get two out of the three games vs Memphis, at Temple, and vs Houston. If that happens, we are at 19 wins going into the conference tournament where anything can happen, especially with the right matchups. All things considered, that would be a success just for the fact that it would be a huge step forward compared to the last 3 years.

Reaction Score
We have at least 8 games left when you count the first game of the AAC Tournament. USF, UCF, at ECU, and at Tulane should be penciled in as wins. That would put us at 17 wins, and I think we should be able to get two out of the three games vs Memphis, at Temple, and vs Houston. If that happens, we are at 19 wins going into the conference tournament where anything can happen, especially with the right matchups. All things considered, that would be a success just for the fact that it would be a huge step forward compared to the last 3 years.

So you've got us winning 6 of the next 7. If that happens, I will be thrilled, but I think 4 of the 7 is far more realistic. 5 of 7 would be great. That would put us at 18-13 heading into the AAC tournament, and would be decent improvement over last season. That should be enough for an NIT bid, which would be great for the young guys to get some postseason experience.

Reaction Score
So you've got us winning 6 of the next 7. If that happens, I will be thrilled, but I think 4 of the 7 is far more realistic. 5 of 7 would be great. That would put us at 18-13 heading into the AAC tournament, and would be decent improvement over last season. That should be enough for an NIT bid, which would be great for the young guys to get some postseason experience.
My thoughts exactly. It’s hard to project wins with this team. I wanna believe they can win out but I don’t think they’re at that point yet. If they can go 5-2 the stretch, I’d be happy with that. That’d give them a finishing record of .500 in the conference, that should be the goal. Win a game or two in the AAC tourney and that should get them some postseason play. I just wanna keep seeing this team improve and play beyond the conference tourney.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score

Would give us a shot at a 20 win season too... something I don't think any of us thought was possible 2 weeks ago.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
RETWEET!!!

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Screw it! We are winning the conference tournament and then Bouk is gunna pull a Carmelo and lead us to title #5 as a freshman on his way to having a one and done season! Anything is possible ;)

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
The most level-headed perspective I've seen on the BY in a while. :)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
With this team anything is possible. I would love to see 5 of 7 wins, but would be happy with 4 of 7 and it would be a winning record for the first time in three years.

No game is a guaranteed lose that is left. Just have to finish strong and not make stupid mistakes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel like we should beat Memphis at home. But obviously, no game is in the bag with this team. W
@ Temple: we blew them out at home, should be a W
USF: They blew us out @USF, but the matchup makes me nervous. Will call it a W,
UCF: At home I feel good here. W
@ECU: certainly should have this one. W
Houston: We were in the game at Houston. But I fear we will lose late. L
@ Tulane: Should be a W

So 6 of 7 should be wins, but Memphis and USF are pretty iffy, plus road wins are tough. Would be happy with 5 of 7.

Reaction Score
I feel like we should beat Memphis at home. But obviously, no game is in the bag with this team. W
@ Temple: we blew them out at home, should be a W
USF: They blew us out @USF, but the matchup makes me nervous. Will call it a W,
UCF: At home I feel good here. W
@ECU: certainly should have this one. W
Houston: We were in the game at Houston. But I fear we will lose late. L
@ Tulane: Should be a W

So 6 of 7 should be wins, but Memphis and USF are pretty iffy, plus road wins are tough. Would be happy with 5 of 7.
That’s about how I see it as well. Sunday is huge for them, get that win and it could help them carry momentum into the next few games. I just want to see them keep improving and pick off a game (or two) in the AAC tourney. If they can do that, NIT bid should be pretty likely.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom