Winning it all is nice and all but … | The Boneyard

Winning it all is nice and all but …

Reaction Score
Does anyone else find themselves already wishing we could watch this team play again today?

This is the first week since before Thanksgiving that I don’t have that little countdown to tip off in my head reminding me to plan the errands and everything else we do around the UConn game, and I already miss it.

Winning a National championship feels amazing, but every win this tournament felt even better just because it meant another chance to see these guys play basketball together again. Such a special group, such a fun season and I’m so thankful that THIS is the team that showed the world of are back.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find themselves already wishing we could watch this team play again today?

This is the first week since before Thanksgiving that I don’t have that little countdown to tip off in my head reminding me to plan the errands and everything else we do around the UConn game, and I already miss it.

Winning a National championship feels amazing, but every win this tournament felt even better just because it meant another chance to see these guys play basketball together again. Such a special group, such a fun season and I’m so thankful that THIS is the team that showed the world of are back.
I plan on watching them again and again. I'll pretend I don't know what is going to happen!

Reaction Score
I want the whole team back (well, of course no Hawkins). I didn't love Newton at times, but I've really bought into the big point guard concept and want him back. Alleyne was a big contributor too and had a knack for timely buckets. Sanogo and Jackson goes without saying.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

You're missing the enjoyment of winning the BE title (either one) Aside from 2014, who did make the BET final, each NC was preceded by some pretty stellar accomplishments that rolled into the NCAA. This was 2011 without the 5 in 5 days, so you are still a bit hungry even though the meal was goirmet perfection.

The early season run was great, but until the NCAA UConn didn't play it's best ball. It lost most of the games vs the top BE contenders and lost in the semis.

While it became clear how good this team could be, we didn't really see it after December until the 2nd half vs Iona.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Baseball game vs St John’s started at 1 PM. I believe it’s on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
One thing different about this championship from the past ones is I don't remember this much talk about repeating as champions, that gauntlet has apparently been thrown by Hurley and the challenge accepted by the players.

Season starts in 7 months.

Reaction Score
Even day of the national championship game part of me while I was 90% excited for the game that night I was 10% sad that it was gonna be the last game of the year. Amazing season I enjoyed the entire ride

Reaction Score
F011B6BF-8BB5-49D1-8EDE-5CF107D53D38.gif

Reaction Score
I want to go back and watch the NIT championship which started it all and then watch each of our NCAA Championship games. All five. That will make for a nice week.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm happy for them, highly interested in off-season moves, but I'm over the NC. It was the mission, it was accomplished. I'm enjoying the new sped-up baseball and the Pirates may actually be interesting enough to get me to September and Mora's next miracle.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I plan on watching them again and again. I'll pretend I don't know what is going to happen!

When i do that, I still get angry at the refs and I'm joyous when we win

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
One thing different about this championship from the past ones is I don't remember this much talk about repeating as champions, that gauntlet has apparently been thrown by Hurley and the challenge accepted by the players.

Season starts in 7 months.

When they signed Drummond for 11-12 there was definitely a lot of repeat talk. Not sure where they started that year preseason though.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The last year was personally sad for me. One of the few fun outlets was Husky basketball. I certainly wanted them to win the NC, but I miss the fun of watching them and would’ve felt the same had they lost.

Reaction Score
When they signed Drummond for 11-12 there was definitely a lot of repeat talk. Not sure where they started that year preseason though.
i love when idiots always say that uconn never had a #1 hs stud? reclassified and the brow was 1

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom