Wings + Rolling Rocks? | The Boneyard

Wings + Rolling Rocks?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Rule number one of mojo: If you think it affects the mojo, it affects the mojo.
I don't think it affects the mojo. However, I am seeing a correlation of DH's turning this ship around with an increase of mentions of TreeHouse, ergo, I believe that someone in New England be responsible for getting TreeHouse delivered to those of us outside New England in time for the BET and throughout our NCAA run.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I have never consumed Rolling Rock during a UConn game. Therefore I will continue with that, for the mojo (and to avoid that swill). Wings are always good, but I don't think I've had those during more than a few games, with mixed results.

My slightly ratty Block C sweatshirt is undefeated this season, so that will be on tomorrow. As @storrsroars notes, some Treehouse would certainly not hurt.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Haven't drank rolling rock since our FF loss to MSU in 2009. In my drunken stupor, I convinced myself that drinking bottled beer which was the same color as our opponents was the reason for our loss.

Wings are always good for the mojo.

I do feel like the board is in need of a NEW mojo-injection of some sort...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think it affects the mojo. However, I am seeing a correlation of DH's turning this ship around with an increase of mentions of TreeHouse, ergo, I believe that someone in New England be responsible for getting TreeHouse delivered to those of us outside New England in time for the BET and throughout our NCAA run.
My feeling here is that nothing regarding Rolling Rocks and wings have changed.

a) The old Yard got fat and lazy on titles and has chosen to drink some snobby Double IPA instead.
b) The new Yard wasn't here for the height of it and they drink White Claw.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Haven't drank rolling rock since our FF loss to MSU in 2009. In my drunken stupor, I was convinced that me drinking bottled beer that was the same color as our opponents was the reason for our loss.

Wings are always good for the mojo.

I do feel like the board is in need of a NEW mojo-injection of some sort...

This is the key ... I think the mojo has to develop naturally and it is its own entity each season.

I'm trying to think hard about the mojo this season, nothing is standing out to me ... but something naturally develops or we move forward. You can always continue with prior mojos, but they will never maintain their same effectiveness as that original season, it's science.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Treehouse was so Kevin Ollie era

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When did it stop being a thing? When in Detroit I got a hold of some Rocks but never got the wings on my way to the game. In Houston, my insistence on getting wings this time cost us about an hour in travel time. Was worth it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, not everyone. Not even close.
its a lot closer than it was.

Breweries everywhere (pandemic slowed it some obviously) who learned how to juice 'em the same. Im a huge Treehouse fan, always will be but people acting like they scored "unobtanium" now with that stuff are behind the curve. NEIPA's on the whole have almost reached their shelf life on the "hot ticket" fad market.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tell that to my buddy and I who swapped King Julius pix before we virtually drank a pregame Tree House on Wed night. I'm thinking I have to do the same from here on out. I really wanted that win.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
NEIPA's on the whole have almost reached their shelf life on the "hot ticket" fad market.
Have they made it into Texas Roadhouse yet? I went pre-COVID and the closest thing they had to a beer with flavor was Modelo.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Tell that to my buddy and I who swapped King Julius pix before we virtually drank a pregame Tree House on Wed night. I'm thinking I have to do the same from here on out. I really wanted that win.

Indeed. I thought of your Wednesday afternoon trek before a big win on the road. Proving that Treehouse is not the Ollie era beer, it's the right now mojo beer.

Reaction Score
Have they made it into Texas Roadhouse yet? I went pre-COVID and the closest thing they had to a beer with flavor was Modelo.
Well, your first mistake was setting foot in a Texas Roadhouse.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Given the ridiculous amount of salt on everything there, I'd go with the watery beer.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Given the ridiculous amount of salt on everything there, I'd go with the watery beer.
I went to Longhorn today and the only IPA they had was L'il Heaven.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is the key ... I think the mojo has to develop naturally and it is its own entity each season.

I'm trying to think hard about the mojo this season, nothing is standing out to me ... but something naturally develops or we move forward. You can always continue with prior mojos, but they will never maintain their same effectiveness as that original season, it's science.

I have an answer that is very obvious if anyone has followed @Penfield or the other UConn twitter glitterati ... HOT SAUCE!

That is clearly the mojo this year ... shots of hot sauce will lead us the way rolling rocks and hanging ball sacs have lead us in the past: to a chip.

Reaction Score
I drank a 6er of the sacreds while watching us bring home NC #3...so it helps

Also confused the heck out of the UNC fans I watched with why anyone would ever buy it...so that was fun too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom